Project Binky lives!

zeitgeist57

I don't subscribe, but it pops up regularly on my feed due to the channels I am subscribed to. I typically skim through the videos and can't believe the amount of work that they've put into this thing. It'll be pretty awesome to see it moving under it's own power!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
Have you ever driven an original mini? Bouncy and cheap is kind of their thing.

so they spent 7 years building a car and making it better, but its still bouncy and cheap just like the original. I think you just proved his point in the comment he made.

so they spent 7 years building a car and making it better, but its still bouncy and cheap just like the original. I think you just proved his point in the comment he made.

It's short wheelbase, so you'll never really get rid of bouncy. Doesn't mean it's not tons better. The original Austin mini used a cone and trumpet suspension which is literally a rubber cone and some solid bushings in place of an actual spring and a fluid filled shock. having modern pieces is def better all around.

As far as cheap - it's just the flares that make it look like that. a lot of modded mini's historically used trailer fender style flares since there is no room to move rubber inboard on a mini. I feel like people are being too critical for something that is just on brand for what is a tiny shitbox car with a racing pedigree mostly because it was small and cheap.

I'm more interested in The Escargot.

Their "cheap" Project Racement series was very cool to watch.

Not hating on Project Binky....but goes to show how much you get invested in something only to be somewhat disappointed by the final outcome. Still a very cool car. It really is crazy to know all of the time and engineering that went into all the packaging you can't see under the skin.