☆~PoLOLtics~☆

greg1647545532

This is 100% true, my sister in law is a nurse in Ohio and was reassigned to handle critical patients during the worst of it last year and saw exactly this constantly. They had 100+ yr old people die from head injuries from falls and were mark COVID death among other things where people were already terminal.
I guess you have to ask whether they fell due to lack of oxygen caused by COVID pneumonia and get ahold of the death certificate to see what it says.

FWIW, the day after my dad was diagnosed he got up in the middle of the night and went to the bathroom. He said he was feeling pretty bad and wanted to take an ibuprofen. Well, he passed out on the way and hit his head on the way down. Luckily my mom heard the fall in the middle of the night (she was staying in another room) and called the squad. He got 7 staples in his head.

So if he had died from the fall, what would be the cause of death? Bleeding to death while laying unconscious and/or completely disoriented? Blunt force trauma? In reality COVID would be listed as a contributing factor, since the fall was caused by a lack of oxygen due to COVID.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already in end of life care, fell out of bed under care of nursing facilities and for the most part immobalized and then died of covid just because we gotta get those numbers up people!
My point was, when anyone dies, no matter their age, they will ALWAYS determine cause/causes of death and/or contributing factors. They can't just write, "this bitch was old" on the death certificate and ship it.

Additionally, it's easy to look from a far and say that someone who dies from a fall shouldn't be listed as a COVID death, or be confused (or worse, tell people there is malicious intent) as to why it's being tallied that way, but there are legitimate reasons why that can be the case.

But there were many cases of peoples deaths being listed as covid when they weren't. My wifes grandmother passed away in spring of 2020 from a heart attack, she did not have covid but her death certificate is listed as covid being the cause of death.

But what's more than that, sometime earlier this year (id memory serves me correctly) there were a bunch of covid deaths reviewed and the cause of death changed because it was found that covid was not the cause of death. Idk if that was nationwide or not, but I do know that happened here in Ohio.

Now I don't know if there is any truth to this, but I heard at one point that hospitals were paid 37k per covid death. If that's true then I can see the incentive for peoples deaths to be marked as covid.

I guess you have to ask whether they fell due to lack of oxygen caused by COVID pneumonia and get ahold of the death certificate to see what it says.

FWIW, the day after my dad was diagnosed he got up in the middle of the night and went to the bathroom. He said he was feeling pretty bad and wanted to take an ibuprofen. Well, he passed out on the way and hit his head on the way down. Luckily my mom heard the fall in the middle of the night (she was staying in another room) and called the squad. He got 7 staples in his head.

So if he had died from the fall, what would be the cause of death? Bleeding to death while laying unconscious and/or completely disoriented? Blunt force trauma? In reality COVID would be listed as a contributing factor, since the fall was caused by a lack of oxygen due to COVID.

I believe that would/should be listed as Blunt Force Trauma with underlying cause being able to be argued as COVID/Hypoxia. Cause of death is the final action, the straw that broke the camels back... the death blow. The causes listed are relatively immediate medical causes, but the ultimate cause of death might be described differently. For example, tobacco smoking often causes lung disease or cancer, and alcohol use disorder can cause liver failure or a motor vehicle accident.

Now I don't know if there is any truth to this, but I heard at one point that hospitals were paid 37k per covid death. If that's true then I can see the incentive for peoples deaths to be marked as covid.

Medicaid pays an additional 20%. A general analysis of the payments determined that a "average" lump sum pneumonia case would result in about a $5,000 paymnet. If it was a COVID related case, it would be about $13,000. If they went on a ventilator, it was about $39,000. (Numbers are rough based on a Kaiser Family Foundation study)

I believe that would/should be listed as Blunt Force Trauma with underlying cause being able to be argued as COVID/Hypoxia. Cause of death is the final action, the straw that broke the camels back... the death blow. The causes listed are relatively immediate medical causes, but the ultimate cause of death might be described differently.

I would agree.

The death certificate lists a) Immediate cause of death, and b), c), and d) conditions leading to immediate cause, underlying cause, and/or disease or injury that initiated events resulting in death.

This is why COVID-19 is listed in b), c), or d), but it does not mean that it shouldn't be counted as a COVID death.

The thing I have against it is the name..a vaccine..is a selling point ..a way to make you want to take it.

This is a shot..like the flu shot..the pneumonia shot..the shingles shot...none of those are called a vaccine.

So this is a lie and if they are lying about it what more are they lying about?

The thing I have against it is the name..a vaccine..is a selling point ..a way to make you want to take it.

This is a shot..like the flu shot..the pneumonia shot..the shingles shot...none of those are called a vaccine.

So this is a lie and if they are lying about it what more are they lying about?

Flu vaccine.

Shingles vaccine.

Pneumococcal vaccine.

Not really sure what you're talking about.

Fun fact! The root of the word "vaccine" is the same as "vaca," or Spanish for "cow," because the first vaccine for smallpox was based on giving people a weakened form of the cowpox virus.

Vaccines can be administered via a "shot," or injection, but do you remember the god-awful nasal flu vaccine? Fuck that. Nasty stuff.

I guess I was spoiled by the vaccines we received as kids..1 shot and you're done..that is how I view a vaccine.

These others are shots that must be re-administered every several months to keep up.

Sorry it's my word prejudice.

You mean like a tetanus vaccine that you have to get everyone 10 years? Or any other number of booster shots you get over the years/through your childhood.

You know this is more akin to the fugitive slave act in this country than it is to the Nazi's (who actually subcontracted bounty hunters) but I don't see anybody rushing to make that comparison. I wonder why.

Because they weren't seatbelts.

Those who did have the money began to leave but the German government didn't want them taking their wealth with them so it was taxed and confiscated as part of a brutal emigration/deportation scheme.

Taxation is theft.

Your rights end when another's begin...

I love this quote. I just wish some of the folks who use it often believed and applied it all of the time and not some of the time.

...you can't force the shop keeper to be open because you want to shop.

I've seen a LOT of folks share a similar sentiment but when I ask if someone should be forced to bake a cake they don't want to they get quiet. Maybe I should ask how they feel about seatbelts.

This is why COVID-19 is listed in b), c), or d), but it does not mean that it shouldn't be counted as a COVID death.

Yes it does. Dying from COVID and dying from getting shot in the face with a 12g while having COVID are very different. Getting your head blown off should not go into the "COVID death" category.

...the flu shot isn't really one and done since we get a new one every flu season.

But do we really though?

Yes it does. Dying from COVID and dying from getting shot in the face with a 12g while having COVID are very different. Getting your head blown off should not go into the "COVID death" category.

But if you got shot in the face COVID would/should not be listed on the death certificate unless it was a condition that led to being shot in the face...which is, uh, highly unlikely. You'd have to ask a real medical examiner how they would list this if someone committed suicide while having COVID.

STILL, my point is that if these cases exist they are the outlier. There are people that claim only 13,000 people have died of COVID and that all the counted deaths are due to falsified death certificates. The data overwhelmingly shows that COVID deaths are very likely undercounted by a lot. We should not minimize the severity of COVID and those who have died from it by giving credence to this disproved conspiracy theory.

I've been following and tracking the OHD stats on Covid since they started publishing them. I've also been following several online YT Peeps but this guy has not only been spot-on throughout the months, he's pretty damn genuine. This one is worth a 15 min watch.

4snv5a.jpg

This right here. Very little has been said about actually taking care of yourself. This has been a great opportunity to push eating better / working out / generally having a better lifestyle, but nope, let's turn it into "Better get that magic pill to make COVID go away!" :(

4snv5a.jpg

I realize this is just a meme, but can you explain to me how someone "takes care of their immune system" such that they don't get sick, or in the extreme case are immune from COVID?

I ask this because I see this phrase commonly thrown around in my Facebook community pages, including one of the anti-vax anti-mask moms on our school pages who claims that because she and her kids don't wear masks and go out to socialize with people (restaurants, parties, etc) that they are "exercising their immune system" so that it is strong and they won't get sick. There seems to be this group of people that believe that all they need to do is take Vit C, D, and roll around in the dirt in order to not get sick. It's too bad that the ~700k dead people didn't just take their daily vitamins.

This right here. Very little has been said about actually taking care of yourself. This has been a great opportunity to push eating better / working out / generally having a better lifestyle, but nope, let's turn it into "Better get that magic pill to make COVID go away!" :(

You're right, nobody has been talking about comorbidities and at-risk groups. I mean, other than all that information that the CDC has been pumping out about comorbidities and at-risk groups. Good catch though. Doctors should really take note and start encouraging their patients to get exercise and lower their BMIs. I can't believe they haven't thought of this yet.

I realize this is just a meme, but can you explain to me how someone "takes care of their immune system" such that they don't get sick, or in the extreme case are immune from COVID?

I ask this because I see this phrase commonly thrown around in my Facebook community pages, including one of the anti-vax anti-mask moms on our school pages who claims that because she and her kids don't wear masks and go out to socialize with people (restaurants, parties, etc) that they are "exercising their immune system" so that it is strong and they won't get sick. There seems to be this group of people that believe that all they need to do is take Vit C, D, and roll around in the dirt in order to not get sick. It's too bad that the ~700k dead people didn't just take their daily vitamins.

I'm just flinging meme poo into an already shit thread. I already have my double vaccination. I just felt a few bicycle memes were needed for this thread (I didn't make them).

And to be fair, I'm 300 lb, severely out of shape. Smoke a lot. I'm the complete opposite of the meme and keeping up my immune system btw. ;)

Straight from Harvard and I agree with it:

Don't smoke.

Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables.

Exercise regularly.

Maintain a healthy weight.

If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.

Get adequate sleep.

Take steps to avoid infection, such as washing your hands frequently and cooking meats thoroughly.

Just taking vitamins isn't going to do shit unless you're following through on the other points here.

13+ years ago I was 105 pounds heavier than I am now. A few on this site knew me back then. I hit a wall, got serious about my health, and follow most of the points above. I should eat more fruits and veggies, probably. :lol: Anyway, I rarely get sick now, and I'm in the best shape of my life at almost 50 years old. I have yearly blood draws / health screens through my company and my Pharmacist Daughter looks at the numbers and says "I rarely see numbers this good from anybody, much less someone of your age." :)

So follow the above and take it seriously, your health / immune system will improve dramatically and you'll feel better for it.

You're right, nobody has been talking about comorbidities and at-risk groups. I mean, other than all that information that the CDC has been pumping out about comorbidities and at-risk groups. Good catch though. Doctors should really take note and start encouraging their patients to get exercise and lower their BMIs. I can't believe they haven't thought of this yet.

I know, right? This totally gets swept under the run and it pisses me off. :mad: