Joined the Corvette flying roof club this morning

harmonda

Just felt like sharing. After driving targa corvettes...both C5 and C6 for the past 22 years...I regrettably joined the FRC this morning on the way to work. I failed to latch the roof and when I got on it out on the main road...whoops. It flew way up in the air and came to rest shiny side up thankfully but about 100 yards behind the car. Somehow the steady stream of traffic behind me on rt.13 didn't hit it. Lots of swerving by them and a long walk of shame for me carrying the top. Only minor scrapes to the trim on the corners...almost completely covered up by seals when it is installed. feeling dumb this morning. :dumb:

Just felt like sharing. After driving targa corvettes...both C5 and C6 for the past 22 years...I regrettably joined the FRC this morning on the way to work. I failed to latch the roof and when I got on it out on the main road...whoops. It flew way up in the air and came to rest shiny side up thankfully but about 100 yards behind the car. Somehow the steady stream of traffic behind me on rt.13 didn't hit it. Lots of swerving by them and a long walk of shame for me carrying the top. Only minor scrapes to the trim on the corners...almost completely covered up by seals when it is installed. feeling dumb this morning. :dumb:

I have a c6 and I am SUPER paranoid of this happening!!

I once had a buddy pull the t-top release on one of my Camaros. He thought it was an "oh shit" handle. The passenger side glass top went flying off at 50 mph. Luckily it landed in the grass and was unharmed, somehow. That's when I learned to ALWAYS lock the handles.

I had the glass t-top come off on my Trans Am. Pulled over and did the walk of shame expecting a frame and shattered glass. Got back to it and everything thing looked in remarkably good shape. Went walking back to the car a lot happier about the situation only to find a flat tire. As I pulled over I ran over a good size screw with the edge of the tread.

Happened twice in my Firebird. Same spot too. Going 70 east pass the Miller/kelton exit

It was night time. I look up like wow the moon looks BRIGHT tonight... then OH SHIT! Luckily no cars where behind me both time because those t-tops were heavy!