Million mile Harley!

NinjaNick

CHECK THIS OUT........ First million miles Harley

One of Dave's records was 30k miles in 30 days.

http://www.bikernet.com/bikebarn/PageViewer.asp?PageID=2633

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/1/3314/Motorcycle-Article/Harley-Davidson-Million-Mile-Motorcycle.aspx

PhotoID44897.jpg

PhotoID44889.jpg

190097250_c8690f034f.jpg?v=0

http://www.bikernet.com/bikebarn/PageViewer.asp?PageID=2634

Some little know facts about Zien’s FXRT and the wear and tear of a million miles.

The bike has original fenders, gas tank, oil tank, triple tree, handlebars, primary and tranny case (the main shaft is original but the gears have all been replaced).

There is no kill switch on the bike (ok, for the newbie bikers, that’s the on/off switch)

No kickstand (he had to lean the bike on curbs, against trees, etc)

No neutral or oil lights, tachometer doesn’t work, no horn and the odometer worked but the speedometer arm was broken so he guessed at speed.

He had the motor rebuilt 10 times, with a remanufactured motor being installed last October in Yuma, Arizona at Bobby’s Territorial Harley-Davidson. The bolts holding the lower cases together had metal fatigue and have tyme serts holding them in.

The bike utilizes a roach clip jumper cable system from battery to coil for hard to start cold mornings. It has as an auxiliary 6-gallon fuel cell with John Deere petcocks to increase mileage on his endurance rides. On one leg of this journey he ran 31,000 miles in 31 days for another record.

The transmission was overhauled three days before his last leg ride to Florida. Due to excessive pressure buildup, the primary was drilled and vented one week before the final leg journey. Although the bike has a kick peddle, Zien uses a Phillips screw driver, which he inserts into a hole drilled in his starter, to bring the beast to life.

The bike has seen 105 rear tires and 65 front tires, 17 stators, 9 seats and Zien has worn out 13 pairs of engineer boots while riding Suzanna Ala Sha-Luck A Lay Ya, the name he affectionately calls his bike.

if that was a newer motor. it wouln't have needed all that work. when they developed the twin cam 88". they tested it for a million miles before any work was needed other than normal maintenence. but yeah wow. million miles. yeah he didn't shave the whole time it looks.

if that was a newer motor. it wouln't have needed all that work. when they developed the twin cam 88". they tested it for a million FEET before any work was needed other than normal maintenence. but yeah wow. million miles. yeah he didn't shave the whole time it looks.

Fixed that for you.

Now I'm gonna call BS, if it WAS a TC88, I'd almost believe it with 10 rebuilds, but the old stuff was even more junk than the TC88. It's by no means up to modern standards but it's WORLDS above the old(er) junk.

Props to the MAN for a million miles, but in the first post, the only ORIGINAL items are basically chassis-related. I wouldn't expect those items to wear when you're cruising on a Harley.

I'm not hating, but I guess I'm not AS impressed considering he's had 10 motor rebuilds and has only kept the main shaft.

Kudos!