Any cigar smokers in here?

mrbret

Come on in & share some details:

What smokes you like & dont like.......

What type of cutters or cut type you prefer, if any.......

What kind of lighter you prefer, matches, blue flame torch, multi flame etc

Most of all, what is you're top smoke?

So far, some that I like are:

COA Italia, Brazilia

Onyx Reserve #4

Acid, all I have tried

Good cheap smoke is Cuban Mistakes from Thompson Cigars, very mild.

Not big on the Punch brand, not a great taste & smells to much like cigarette smoke for my taste (as i dont smoke cigarettes).

I did start off with a "V" style cut but prefer the two bladed end chop now.

I light with a single flame torch lighter. I may get a new double or triple flame one.

I do enjoy my cigars. It seems like everyone starts out on ACIDs. Give some Padron's a try, they can be had on the cheap. Once you really get into it, you can pick up a few Opus X from Fuente. I like the CAO Brazilia, and ACIDs aren't bad, I have just grown towards other smokes. I think the worst smoke I have ever had was the Fuente Short Story, which is a huge seller, it just wasn't for me.

I use a Xikar guillotine cutter, and have actually never tried a V cut. I use the matches that the B&M's give me, or a cheapo bic lighter. I don't need anything fancy.

Edit to add: Top smoke is Padron 5000 Maduro, plus it's only $5-$6.

Edited by Goldie

I used to be...smoking ban kinda made me quit. I had a few favs, Padron 5000 was one of them. Romeo and Juliet #2 (i think) is a good pricey cigar. A Wavell (forget who) is a decent cheap smoke.

+4 for Padron Anniversaries. My cousin got me hooked on 1964's. For when I can't afford a $18 cigar, however, I'm a fan of the CAO MX2's (have 3/4 of a box at home), the CAO Moontrance's, and have a soft spot for the Macanudo Portofino's.

I have a dual-blade guillotine cutter which I love at home. The V-cuts aren't bad, I find there's less mess that way but less of a draw. As far as fire goes, give me standard matches any day. I'll use a torch if it's around, but I absolutely will not use a Bic unless it's my only option. It really screws with the taste.

I like Cubans.;)

Cubans aren't all they're hyped up to be lately.

I'm hearing that Cuban seeds that are planted in the Dominican Republic produce a much smoother tobacco. Something about the soil.

That plus like anything else they're going to be varying levels of quality. So a bad Cuban won't be as good as a decent Dominican.

Of course that's if you were referring to Cuban cigars and not Cuban women...:p

Cubans aren't all they're hyped up to be lately.

I'm hearing that Cuban seeds that are planted in the Dominican Republic produce a much smoother tobacco. Something about the soil.

That plus like anything else they're going to be varying levels of quality. So a bad Cuban won't be as good as a decent Dominican.

Of course that's if you were referring to Cuban cigars and not Cuban women...:p

Just recently smoked both a Cuban and a Dominican. Cuban was by far the better smoke:cool:

Then why smoke blunts?

I guess I never understood why someone would want to cover the taste of good smoke with a 50 cent blunt wrap. I'll take a nice blown bubbler anyday especially if it's the bomb bizzle.:D

90% of the time is outta of glass piece..zong- bong- steamroller-pipe-

10% of the time is a nice honey or choco wrap

at that i rarely smoke anymore with the osha/company policies

I used to smoke cigars, my favorite was the drew estate java, not the ones you can buy anywhere, the one that was dipped in sugar cane or something, $14, pretty good. I cant remember the names of the full flavor cigars i liked, i would try something differant every time

Have a Xikar cutter but need to get a Palio and a Blazer pocket torch.

Running out of cigars in the humidor.

As far as readily available smokes I like the Montecristo #2 need to get a box on the way. I've loved both Cohiba's I've had, pretty much all of the Partigas smokes as well as a bunch of Punch sticks. Oliva O and V's as well as the AVO cigars, are pretty decent, and . . this list could go on for way too long. There are a lot of good smokes out there, gotta try em all!

Punch Nectar may be a favorite, if you find one let me know.

I smoked Marlboro reds for 14 years, quit for a year and started smoking cigars, and yes, I do inhale no matter how uncouth it may be.

I smoke little filtered Captain Blacks every day now(just a substitute for cigarettes).

When I smoke something good, I like pretty much like anything Drew Estate puts out, especially the Natural lines, particularly the Dirts.

For a good cheap smoke I like the Drew Estate La Vieja Habanas.

I still love Acid Blondies and any of the blue line, and the blue Krush Classics, I think I just like the smoothness of the Connecticut Shade wrapper. I also like some of the purple line, but hate the yellows.

Drew Estate also had one called Mother Earth that I liked, but I haven't seen it for a few years.

I also like the Hoyo Excalibers quite a bit, and of course the classics by Padron, Arturo Fuentes, Romeo Y Julieta, etc. Barclays sells some cheapies that I can't remember the name of that I enjoy, especially when I know I am going to be around people that will want one and not know any better.

I'm not really that picky.

It's really not so much about the brand for me, but the shape and the wrapper type.

Because I do inhale and tend to smoke fast and smoke often, I prefer smaller shapes and lengths a corona or robusto. It also kind of depends what mood I'm in for the wrapper, like I mentioned before I love connecticut shades, but I also enjoy a full bodied maduro as well, especially with a glass of Captain Private Stock. (I pretty much drink rum like it's water, abou the only alcohol I'll drink anymore).

As for lighting, match or torch unless it's a real cheapie.

I'm not a big fan of cutters, I use a punch. It's clean and gives a good draw. If I forget my punch, more often than not I would rather poke a hole with a key or knife than use a cutter. Sacrilege, right? It just works better for me.