Would these boots be acceptable for an occasional track day.

igotaprestent4u

Rider Gear Requirements (No, shorts and flip flops won't cut it....)

1) Damage free BSI, DOT or SNELL full-face helmet with face shield.

2) Riding boots that fully cover the ankle.

3) Gauntlet style gloves with full wrist coverage.

4) One or two piece leathers. Two piece leather suits must zip together for Novice, Intermediate or Advanced groups. Ballistic nylon suits such as Joe Rocket, AeroStitch etc. are acceptable in the Novice and Intermediate Group only provided they are either one piece or two piece that zip together with 50% zipper contact, reinforced and padded shoulders, elbows, hips, and knee areas. No chaps.

looks like you are good to go.

they dont have any ankle support,i wont take them to track if you crash you broke your foot.my friend crash last year have simillar boots broke his foot in 5 places.if he got better boots he will walk away with out any scratch.

they dont have any ankle support,i wont take them to track if you crash you broke your foot.my friend crash last year have simillar boots broke his foot in 5 places.if he got better boots he will walk away with out any scratch.

can you post some affordable boots with better ankle support?

can you post some affordable boots with better ankle support?

don't you own a brand spankin new gsxr 750? you can afford $300 for some mid level sidi's.

I have these TCX that NinjaNick posted. I don't do track days but have been very happy with them as for regular to aggressive street riding and walking around every hour or two to 20 minutes or so. For the price they have been just what I was looking for.

nothing under $ 250 give you good protection, and i think thats the reason why you have riding boots specialy for track.its not to show of what you can afford but what can prevent injury.i have pair of sidis .dont try save on your gear,you will regred later,thats what happen to my friend.

i would pay alot more for some better boots, if i had cheap boots or shoes on a month ago when i wrecked, i would probably be recovering from my feet being snapped off my feet, rather than a broken ankle

If your looking to spend a little extra I would check out the Sidi Vertigo Air Boots. They have good ventalization and seem to have great support over competitors of the same price range.

I'll be looking to pick up a pair within the next week or so.

-Danny