Does anyone use a motorcycle carrier?

sleepyk

Like this:

http://www.versahaul.com/?gclid=CP_g6Ie42poCFRAhDQodF2AX2g

I've seen a few of these on the road and wanted to see if anyone here had experience with using one (it would be on my wife's Honda Element). We go to northern Michigan every year and I would love to take a bike with me. Hell, it even be great to take the bike up to Toledo when visiting family. I like the idea of not having to get seperate plates for it like you would a trailer.

I've had great luck with mine,just watch yourself loading and unloading. I watched a guy years ago pop-out his rear window on an S-10 Blazer. I drop the rear window on my 4runner .....just in case! I would'nt go over 300# either. Class 3 hitch's may be rated for 500# tongue weight, but I think thats pushing it.

Like this:

http://www.versahaul.com/?gclid=CP_g6Ie42poCFRAhDQodF2AX2g

I've seen a few of these on the road and wanted to see if anyone here had experience with using one (it would be on my wife's Honda Element). We go to northern Michigan every year and I would love to take a bike with me. Hell, it even be great to take the bike up to Toledo when visiting family. I like the idea of not having to get seperate plates for it like you would a trailer.

I have the VH-Sport RO and it carriers my CBR1000RR with no problem. The furthest I've traveled with it on the carrier is 450 miles. It's a little unnerving at first but I just try to forget it is back there. I have a Chevy 2500HD truck not sure if the Element would have a rated tongue weight to carrier it let alone the short wheel base you might actually affect how the car drives.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Yep. I have one and have only used it twice. Worked perfectly each time. I'll sell it to you if you're interested as I have no vehicle to use it on anymore. PM me if interested

How much would you want for your carrier if still available?

I got a speeding ticket from a State Trooper in NY on my way to Majestic Trails in P.A. a couple months ago and he gave me all kinds of crap for my carrier. He stated that my tail lights and plate weren't visible.

It totally ruined my plans of flying my WR into a building.