thoughts on this bike for sale?

jbot

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=446702

I don't know jack about dual sports or sumos, and thought i'd get your expert opinion about this bike. a 2002 Suzuki DRZ400S

throw everything you got at me, but what I really want to know is, in the grand scheme of sumo's and dual sports, is this a good pick? and of course, if anyone know first hand info about this bike, I'd love to know as well.

thanks

jbot

the bike will primarily serve as a street bike. i may occasionally do dirt or hooligan riding with it, but i'd like it for carving up twisties. i may also grow a pair and do track with it, but i'd be happy if it was good at riding nice curvy roads.

the bike will primarily serve as a street bike. i may occasionally do dirt or hooligan riding with it, but i'd like it for carving up twisties. i may also grow a pair and do track with it, but i'd be happy if it was good at riding nice curvy roads.

get a sm not a s in your case.

Look into the ktm 450exc they are hella better. The drz is reliable though.

it will handle like a dream if you convert it, it has enough power to have fun,ithey suck really bad on the highway, but if you really wanna do some hooligan riding, i would look to ktm, aprilia, husky, etc IMO

The S is way different than the SM for sure. Swingarm, forks, and some other stuff. I looked hard at the DRZ's before I bought my KTM, but honestly they're way underpowered and suck balls on the freeway.

If you're interested in a 2002 KTM Duke II, let me know. I may sell mine.

Easy. Split the difference and buy the Husky. :cool:

Nah. I'm too much of a brand loyal hooker. I like both the KTM and Ape. I think the only one I don't seem to like is Ducati's Hypermotard. Haven't figured out why yet though.