4th Annual DTC Anniversary Ride, Saturday June 13th

Fonzie

2 weeks from today

Planning thread here.........

http://dysfunctionaltravelingcircus.freeforums.org/4th-annual-dtc-anniversary-ride-june-13-14th-t8.html

Speak up over there if you're interested, so I don't have to keep track of 2 threads

Added several new ideas, not included in the poll, about 4 pages in:

Chicago

Indianapolis

Buffalo

Edited by Fonzie

I'll probably be kickin' myself in the a$$ that night, when it's late, & I'm tired, cramped & still not home......But looks like we're ridin' to Niagara Falls & back next Saturday!!

3 states.....~7-800 miles roundtrip for a few of us NWO guys

1 week out folks!

Alright folks.........I'm REALLY wantin' to do Buffalo, but I just realized I hadn't hit "avoid highways", and that adds another 2.25 hours each way, for a 2 mile difference........335 vs. 337....6 hours vs 8.25. Looks like we can ride 5 all the way up, after we pick up Duane in Ashtabula. 20 appears to run right into 5. Not sure how much water we'd see, but taking 90 up saves several hours. Looks like it runs right along the lake also, but 5 looks like it's right alongside the water.

Orrrrr.....We could run 5 up, and bring 90 back down. Probably not a big deal to most of you, especially the Cleveland guys who are already ridin' 4 hours less as it is

Also......After talkin' with Chris today, I didn't realize we'd be that close to Niagara Falls. Map says it's only 20 miles/half hour. Not sure about you guys, but I've never been there before. Even though I've always heard the Canadian side is better, I can't be that close to the falls & not go have a looksee ;)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... .4422&z=11

Here's the googlemap link.......

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 075195&z=7

Apparently 2 miles adds over 2 hours of time :shock:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 075195&z=7

I was thinkin' about this some more on the way home Chris. Rather than you comin' up to me Saturday, I really think it'd be shorter for you & Justin to just head straight to the NE/Cleveland meat point......Wherever that ends up being.

I'm out of your way, and you'd have to leave way early to get here by when I'm leaving, whereas you could probably leave down there by 8'ish and get to Cleveland or wherever by about the same time as me

You guys are fuckin nuts!

+1

Tell me about it :D So's that mean you guys are in?!? 04.gif

Part of me's excited, & part's dreading the impending cramping I'm sure will be my reward for such an endeavor ;)

Just look for the moron on the side of the road doing the Lotus & other yoga positions in full gear :rolleyes:

One of these times we're just gonna say "Fuck it" and go full out for the Iron Butt certificate & plate backer

I might be interested in this. But won't know till crunch time.

Keep us posted. Follow the link in my sig, or the OP for the main planning thread

Dang it, I miss every DTC trip. I have a housewarming AND a graduation party that Sat. i WILL make it on a ride this year......

damnit i have plans for that day that i can't get out of...this would be sweet but i'll just have to wait for the next one.

I'm tryin' to organize something for the following Saturday too, June 20th

Tell me about it :D So's that mean you guys are in?!? 04.gif

Part of me's excited, & part's dreading the impending cramping I'm sure will be my reward for such an endeavor ;)

Just look for the moron on the side of the road doing the Lotus & other yoga positions in full gear :rolleyes:

One of these times we're just gonna say "Fuck it" and go full out for the Iron Butt certificate & plate backer

Umm I will meet ya in Lima at our normal stop.. If we head 33E to Columbus and hit 70 East to 77 North, to 90 and onto Niagara Falls that will put us at about 501 miles each way.. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

http://www.ironbutt.com/ridecerts/getdocument.cfm?DocID=1

Umm I will meet ya in Lima at our normal stop.. If we head 33E to Columbus and hit 70 East to 77 North, to 90 and onto Niagara Falls that will put us at about 501 miles each way..

UMMM why would you go that way???

You should take US30 to 71N to 271N to 90E

Unless you are just wanting to take the long way???

Umm I will meet ya in Lima at our normal stop.. If we head 33E to Columbus and hit 70 East to 77 North, to 90 and onto Niagara Falls that will put us at about 501 miles each way..

UMMM why would you go that way???

You should take US30 to 71N to 271N to 90E

Unless you are just wanting to take the long way???

it is only a 400 mile trip from where we live so I had to add another 100 miles each way.. Plus half of Ohio Riders are from Columbus right? :D

I ment jrmmiii and crew where right around the corner from me. I grew up hanging out at Squirers castle. It is only about 5 miles from my house.

Kevin was with us... blame him. Your name was brought up a couple times, but apparently he didn't bother calling you. :p:D