Old Ohio Riders Red Bull Indianapolis GP Thread

Casper

****** THREAD HAS BEEN CLOSED ******

New thread: http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=8107

Red Bull Indianapolis GP

http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/

http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/news/story.php?story_id=9464

Okay, a bunch of us are going, and a bunch from TSBR. Let's organize this.

With that in mind, let's start a list of things we need to know.

Date:

Sept. 12 - 14, 2008

Location to meet at in Ohio to caravan together:

UNDECIDED

Hotel in Indy:

UNDECIDED

Updated List of Who's Going:

Sonny_TSBR

Satan

CbrGirl

r6allstar

Chrome

yotaman88210

Pedro

BornSinner

Queen Bee

ProudPops

samhain138

Group ticket sales

Interested in buying group tickets with us and TSBR?

++ this is IF you want to be included in the TSBR / Ohio Riders group buy

++ We are number one on the waiting list

++ Paddock Penthouse tix 125 each + 7 bux if you have to pay pal instead of snail mail.

PERKS = FREE PARKING, and a lap on the famed track...

If you reserve a ticket thru OHIO RIDERS / taken care of by Sonny_TSBR YOU MUST PAY the money, but either way you OWN a ticket no backing out.

SEPT 1st payment DEADLINE

---------------------------------------------

If you've already applied for tickets, I need all of the following info PMed to me from when you applied:

First name:

Last name:

Customer ID:

Address:

Phone:

Stand (1st choice for seats you picked):

Number of Tickets:

The group sales guy is working on merging the already applied tickets with the TSBR / Ohio Riders group. There are no promises. It might not be able to be done. If it can and you want to, it'll be done.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hotel options so far:

Sonny and the TSBR guys/gals are staying at:

La Quinta Inn

Indianapolis East-Post Drive

2349 Post Drive

Indianapolis, IN 46219

Phone: (317)897-2300

Fax: (317)897-2266

AAA 2 Diamond Rating

r6allstar brought up this one because it's closer to the track and has a better rating, but is further from ohio:

La Quinta Inn

Indianapolis North at Pyramids

3880 W. 92nd St

Indianapolis, IN 46268

Phone: (317)872-3100

Fax: (317)872-3154

AAA 3 Diamond Rating

Any more recommendations? I'm like to have this narrowed down soon.

maybe we need to decide what is most important when it comes to hotels..quality, price, parking, location.. I actually booked at the Red Roof Inn just a couple blocks away b/c I wasnt worried about parking and they had good reviews. Price was OK at best. It was $223 for 2 nights. I have their number if anyone wants it. The lady at the desk said they only had rooms with 1 bed left b/c they have had a lot of people call and book already. Any other suggestions?

maybe we need to decide what is most important when it comes to hotels..quality, price, parking, location.. I actually booked at the Red Roof Inn just a couple blocks away b/c I wasnt worried about parking and they had good reviews. Price was OK at best. It was $223 for 2 nights. I have their number if anyone wants it. The lady at the desk said they only had rooms with 1 bed left b/c they have had a lot of people call and book already. Any other suggestions?

How many beds are in the room that you booked?

One bed.. that is all thats left

Red Roof Inn Indianapolis Speedway (#74)

I-465 at Speedway/Clermont, Exit #16-A

6415 Debonair Lane, Indianapolis, IN, United States, 46224

Phone: (317) 293-6881 Fax: (317) 293-9892

Local Business/Attractions

Indianapolis Motor Speedway 2.1 miles, Indianapolis Raceway Park 2.9 miles, Wishard Hospital 5.7 miles, Indiana University Purdue University and Indianapolis Zoo 6.3 miles, Amtrak - Indianapolis 7.2 miles and Indiana Convention Center 7.3 miles.

Restaurants Nearby

Applebee's, Bob Evans, Cracker Barrel, Denny's, Ginza Japanese Steakhouse, Grindstone Charlies, Hooters, Long John Silvers, McDonald's, Outback Steakhouse, Red Lobster, Sonic and Union Jack.

They also due group reservations. I have to call them back tomorrow to see if we would be able to get a discounted rate with 10+ rooms reserved.

http://www.redroof.com/reservations/inn_details.asp?innNumber=74

One bed.. that is all thats left

Red Roof Inn Indianapolis Speedway (#74)

I-465 at Speedway/Clermont, Exit #16-A

6415 Debonair Lane, Indianapolis, IN, United States, 46224

Phone: (317) 293-6881 Fax: (317) 293-9892

Local Business/Attractions

Indianapolis Motor Speedway 2.1 miles, Indianapolis Raceway Park 2.9 miles, Wishard Hospital 5.7 miles, Indiana University Purdue University and Indianapolis Zoo 6.3 miles, Amtrak - Indianapolis 7.2 miles and Indiana Convention Center 7.3 miles.

Restaurants Nearby

Applebee's, Bob Evans, Cracker Barrel, Denny's, Ginza Japanese Steakhouse, Grindstone Charlies, Hooters, Long John Silvers, McDonald's, Outback Steakhouse, Red Lobster, Sonic and Union Jack.

They also due group reservations. I have to call them back tomorrow to see if we would be able to get a discounted rate with 10+ rooms reserved.

http://www.redroof.com/reservations/inn_details.asp?innNumber=74

Odd question, but did you book it for Sept 12 - 14 of 2008? According to the guy on the phone and the website, they can't book rooms that far advance. Just curious.

Guest MotoGP Tix

I did a map of exactly how far the hotel we picked out is, by no means is it " close " but good around town access , there willing to make reservations already without a PRICE HIKE ( trust me this will happen within days )

I dont even know how many of our guys I will talk into staying there.. MOST I assume

http://www.tsbr.us/forums/showpost.php?p=125812&postcount=12

Its only 8 miles thru the city, or 12 on freeway to the track

It is also right at a PENSKE truck, ( right next door ) and there " closed " on weekends ,and forced we could park trailers there....

It is also the closest hotel for the trip to home ( for you guys )

Anyways , its kewl to see yer getting it together... We will plan a HUGE get together down there for pics, and meals !!

For me it is better to be 2 miles from the track rather than 8 miles. If I booze it up at the track I could walk 2 miles, not walking 8. AND it is only 2 miles past IMS. So while you will drive 48 miles total back and forth to the races I will be driving 12 miles(added in the extra 2 miles out of the way) back and forth to the races. And only paying an extra $20. I could care less who stays wherever, I am sure we will all meet up there either way. :cheers:

i called the red roof at the speedway, and they have a three night min reservations, for 129.99 + tax. must be paid for to hold.

:eek: wow, they must be getting a bunch of reservations, that is $30/ night more than what I reserved for...not to mention they had no 3 night minimum. the other place is looking better and better.

Guest MotoGP Tix

So far so good on our end...

Were up to 37, and looking for 60 by the time the race come around...

Reservations made, and some are camping / staying with relatives, but were using this hotel as a base of operations for night time rides etc.

Whitey, Robin, Carie and I are staying at the same hotel as the TSBR folks:

La Quinta Inn

Indianapolis East-Post Drive

2349 Post Drive

Indianapolis, IN 46219

Phone: (317)897-2300

Fax: (317)897-2266

AAA 2 Diamond Rating