what kind of tank bag is good

wht_scorpion

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there are really any bad tank bags. I have a Joe Rocket tank bag I really like. Get one with the clear plastic on top for putting a map in. You have no idea how many times that's come in handy.

I really like my rapid transit bag...

+1 I have the recon 19. Survived a low side without a scratch and has turn into part of the bike. I never take it off unless I'm washing it.

http://www.newenoughhp.com/luggage/tank_bags/rapid_transit/recon_19_magnetic_motorcycle_tank_bag.html

It's a little over kill considering I still have the OE tool kit under the seat. So yeah I probably could take the bike apart quick especially since I have 2 of everything so if I'm with someone else they can help out also. The only thing I don't have yet just because I always forget about it is a tire repair kit. One of the most important tools :rolleyes:

Mine's not nearly as full as losts, i usually have a pair of sunglasses, a spare sheild, my ipod, phone, and gloves...

Still room for whatever i'm getting at the store or whatever, it's just adds to the practicality of the bike.

thats a really nice bag that could be the one see i run gps tom tom it could work for me

the phone holder is in a perfect location for GPS (that's where i run my VZ navigator from...

I melted a slot in the side with my soldering iron so i could run a tether for a phone charger from my battery (gps sucks phone batteries dry pretty quickly)

Just get out and ride screw that GPS stuff.

Part of the fun is getting lost! My phone goes in there and I rarely look at it. I do have maps but the best roads are not on maps. You just have to go find them.

I'm just giving you guys a hard time. ;)

Someday I will get GPS but not until it is necessary. Like on 1000 mile multiday, multistate trips.

Nice lookin' SV Lost!

You guys might've just sold me on that RT bag......'Specially since people keep askin' what I want for my bDay!! ;)

She stay on there good....No problems with it movin/slidin around on 'ya? Been in triple digits with it?

Edited by Fonzie

Thanks Fonzi.

This might be a good bag for those that do some touring and need extra space.

http://www.newenoughhp.com/luggage/tank_bags/rapid_transit/the_stack_lt_magnetic_motorcycle_tank_bag.html

This is what I think I'm going to get next. for rain gear and other misc. stuff.

http://www.newenoughhp.com/luggage/tail_bags/rapid_transit/combat_motorcycle_tail_bag.html

Just get out and ride screw that GPS stuff.

Part of the fun is getting lost! My phone goes in there and I rarely look at it. I do have maps but the best roads are not on maps. You just have to go find them.

Your maps must suck. Every road in this country is documented by a cartographer, even roads that have been defunct for 100+ years.

Get some better maps, or might I suggest a GPS?

:p

Just pulling your chain. Actually a GPS helps you to get lost, in a very good way. Firstly by giving you confidence that you are always able to quickly navigate back to where you need to be, or to gas, or to help. Second, it can be routed to a specific destination and dynamically adjust when you deviate. In other words, you can choose to go to Marietta but start picking roads off the suggested route and it will adjust to keep your destination right but your route up to you.

Third, it will remember your route so you can revisit portions or share them. A good GPS is also a gas calculator, an altimeter, an .mp3 player, a weather alert, etc.

They are, in no short way, a rider's perfect companion and only diminish your fun if you allow them to.

Your maps must suck. Every road in this country is documented by a cartographer, even roads that have been defunct for 100+ years.

Get some better maps, or might I suggest a GPS?

:p

Just pulling your chain. Actually a GPS helps you to get lost, in a very good way. Firstly by giving you confidence that you are always able to quickly navigate back to where you need to be, or to gas, or to help. Second, it can be routed to a specific destination and dynamically adjust when you deviate. In other words, you can choose to go to Marietta but start picking roads off the suggested route and it will adjust to keep your destination right but your route up to you.

Third, it will remember your route so you can revisit portions or share them. A good GPS is also a gas calculator, an altimeter, an .mp3 player, a weather alert, etc.

They are, in no short way, a rider's perfect companion and only diminish your fun if you allow them to.

I have ridden with some guys that have GPS. It seems we always end up on a gravel road. Just my experience.

Honestly though I'm just jealous but can't justify spending the cash when I don't 'need it'.

one real good thing about having GPS , is if it is a Speed location clocker . come in handy in traffic court dispute, if you feel you were wrong person hit with the radar , or the speed was off