To the police officers on the site

jessecwalters

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speed limits are in fact artifically low on highways. They were set low in the 70's during the gas crisis and have never come back up. I for one would like to see them go up to triples in one or two lanes in areas outside of the city if the infrastructure improved.

I am a cop, but I am an American, father a husband, a Christian, a son, a brother a biker first, long before I am a cop. I will never; however, tarnish or betray the badge. 'Nough said

Speed limits are in fact artifically low on highways. They were set low in the 70's during the gas crisis and have never come back up. I for one would like to see them go up to triples in one or two lanes in areas outside of the city if the infrastructure improved.

I am a cop, but I am an American, father a husband, a Christian, a son, a brother a biker first, long before I am a cop. I will never; however, tarnish or betray the badge. 'Nough said

Shitty:

+ Beer?

:lol:

You sir are a credit to the community.... rep for you...:)

In a lot cases we're back at the original speeds from before the national maximum speed limit was put into place. States varied between 65-75 before that was enacted (55MPH) and on interstates across the US we vary from 65-75 currently.

and thats as it should be.

I personally don't understand why cops are so eager to save our lives by giving us speeding tickets. I'm a registered organ donor, I always carry my ID, if I get creamed, by all means give my heart to someone who needs it. I for one am not afraid to die while getting my jollies on my bike; that's a risk I take anytime I straddle my inline four, whether I'm obeying the law or not. I have just as much likelihood of getting pushed into the median doing 65-70 as I do going 85-90, actually maybe less, b/c if I'm going faster then I'm beside the idiot cager for less time.

If a burglar knows that you are home, he won't break into your house. If he thinks everyone is gone, he'll try.

o rly? what about home invasions?

Same with speeding. If you see a cop sitting on the side of the road, you slow down. Then once he's out of site, you speed up to whatever you want. The threat of having a cop sitting in a location that you aren't prepared for is a deterrent to speeding.

honestly, on the roads people drive every day, they know where the cops hide out. they are pretty predictable, and usually sit in the same spots. i can do 95 on 670 all day, but i know to watch out around the 5th ave bend, and as 670 passes under 71 and the limit drops to 55... there is more often than not a cop sitting under the bridge right there.

so i guess its a deterrent to speeding in those areas. ive gotten my fair share of speeding tickets, but it does not make me speed any less. it just makes me watch out for cops more.

I don't say that it's right to hide the cruiser behind bushes or signs or such, but sitting along side the road with my lights off, having reflective markings all over the car is not hiding.

You people need to grow up. If you don't want tickets....follow the law.

an unjust law is no law at all and some would say its their civic duty to disobey unjust laws.

Everybody hates cops until they need one. Talk about a thankless job.

lol and what do i need a cop for? its not like they will actually be able to protect me or help me. if someone broke in right now and called 911, im still gonna be on my own for anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour. the cops will come and collect evidence for the prosecutor, but ill still be dead.

if someone came over here and threatened to kill me, i guaran-fucking-tee that the cops would say "sorry, cant do anything about it"... at least they cant do anything about it until he actually DOES kill me. :rolleyes:

or maybe you mean like when there were those home invasions in german village. i seem to recall them catching the guys because one of the VICTIMS (not the cops) went to local pawn shops and found some of his shit there. why should the victim have to do the cops job for them?

Well thank you all for opening my eyes to what bikers REALLY think about us boys in blue. It'll be remembered next time I have to deal with a SQUID rolling down the road at 50 in a 25.

lol good for you. do you feel like a big man now?

I got one of you asses negative rep me with "I did 170 on 270 yesterday". I really don't care.

apparently you care enough to bitch about it in a post.

Well enjoy. You can talk about me now. Mods, please deactivate this account.....I won't be using it any more.

boo hoo... some ppl on the playground dont like cops so im gonna take my toys and go home :rolleyes:

I will no longer be lenient with bikers.....because I can see that you stereotype all of us anyway.

so a handfull of people on here are "all" bikers? its ok for you to stereotype them but not for us to stereotype you? wanna talk about stereotypes. how about the cop that pulled my friends and i over because the car "looked stolen". im not exactly sure how a stolen car looks much different from a regular car... unless the window is smashed out (ours was not). we asked him what "looked stolen" about it and he wouldnt answer. we can only assume it means "black guy driving a nice car in a white neighborhood". thats a stereotype too.

Remember your words the next time you get pulled over.....and it will happen. Remember them, and think to yourself.....is that VMX. You'll never know. I hear that towing a bike is kind of cool to watch. Hope your plastics makes it.

oh man im shaking in my boots :rolleyes:

grow up.