lost title with motorsports of cbus?

natedogg624

my roommate recently bought a bike from a private seller, seller had a lien on the bike with motorsports of cbus. they completed the sale through the bank with a bill of sale. motorsports of columbus went under (obviously we all remember that...) but the seller had been trying to reach them and says that the title is lost? i highly doubt this is a scam. 99% sure.

question, what can he do to get the title for his bike? surely it can't be lost since motorsports went under right? the titles have to be with someone id imagine...

advice so i can pass it along please, thanks.

Wouldnt MOC have loaned this $ thru a bank? Whatever bank they used has the title.

Absolutely. MOC would have nothing to do with the title once the bike is sold. It's either going to the customer if they paid cash, or to whoever financed the bike. Since the bike was not paid off, the leinholder should still have it.

Call their head office, someone should be able to help you. The records had to go somewhere...

http://www.motorsportssolutions.com/

i agree that the title is somewhere and that it is not "lost." i will forward this info to my roomate and let him handle it.

theres a lien on the bike, so the owner must have been making payments. How does he not know which bank he has been sending his money to for the life of his bike loan?

YES! thank you, im not sure if this guy is so smart or not...

Do you have a VIN number on the bike?

yes, my roomate has the bike in his possession and has had it since he got the bill of sale. do you want me to post it?

call mark 945 he just did that for his bike.he say it take like 5 minutes.mark # 937 243 0537

will do thanks!

Call their head office, someone should be able to help you. The records had to go somewhere...

http://www.motorsportssolutions.com/

Trust me, those numbnuts at MOC probably lost their heads in their own asses! A year after I had my bike they told me they had no record of my payment (bought the bike outright).

Did your friend pay for the bike without having the title?

hope this helps

Freedomroad financial has the title

Title info pm'd to you

Call

Phone: 1.866.455.ROAD (7623) Fax: 1.866.450.4348

Hours

Monday-Saturday 7 a.m.-7 p.m.* Sunday 8 a.m.-3 p.m.* *Pacific Time

Email

FreedomRoad@FRF1.com

Mailing Address

FreedomRoad Financial P.O. Box 18218 Reno, NV 89511-0218

Operations Center