Anyone know how to adjust a TV??

fireman_343

Kinda sounds funny... but I've got a Hitachi Ultra Scan HD 42" projection TV and the picture has some funny yellow/green and blue lines on the top and center of the TV... it isn't the cable because I put a DVD in and the colors didn't go away.

I can't find my manual for the TV, but I'm sure it is somewhere around the house, so I might be able to find it.

If anyone knows how to adjust or FIX these damn tv's let me know, I'll pay for your dinner, front ya some cash or what ever.. just please fix it so my wife will get off my ass about it!!!

Edited by fireman_343

Yeah, it is a rear projection TV... not too thick, but isn't a thin ass bitch like the ones I see hung on walls and shit. Maybe I'll call a TV repair man, thought one of you would be one or know how to fix TVs??

Looks just like this... 83082na_18.jpeg

I guess I would try to see if there is a way to restore all of the settings to factory and see if that resets everything back to normal.

Also, rear projections have lamps that need to be replaced every 8-10 thousand hours, sometimes sooner if they are not vented well, and some they have air filters that need cleaned. I'm not sure of the warning signs of a bad lamp.

It could also be that they are not aligned??

I have a rear projection, but I'm no expert, just throwing some ideas out to you.

I would do some research and see if if it something simple before calling in a repairman, but that might be a necessary solution.

Kinda sounds funny... but I've got a Hitachi Ultra Scan HD 42" projection TV and the picture has some funny yellow/green and blue lines on the top and center of the TV... it isn't the cable because I put a DVD in and the colors didn't go away.

I can't find my manual for the TV, but I'm sure it is somewhere around the house, so I might be able to find it.

If anyone knows how to adjust or FIX these damn tv's let me know, I'll pay for your dinner, front ya some cash or what ever.. just please fix it so my wife will get off my ass about it!!!

=====================

I did TV's years ago. But there was no money in it so I sold off all my tools and got out of the biz. My knowledge at this point is so out of date that I can only offer general comments.

Sounds like the Convergence is off a bit. Its a tricky service adjustment to make and you need special tools. Signal generators and the like to generate a special test pattern on the screen just so the adjustment can be done.

The good news is that there is most likely a user version of this adjustment available from your remote control. Which buttons to push I have no idea, depends on the TV.

You can probably get a copy of the user manual on line. Which would be able to tell you which buttons to push to get it as good as it can be before calling in somebody.

If you have kids they might have found the user adjustment and helpfully adjusted it for you. Putting it back should solve the problem.

Good luck!

=====================

I did TV's years ago. But there was no money in it so I sold off all my tools and got out of the biz. My knowledge at this point is so out of date that I can only offer general comments.

Sounds like the Convergence is off a bit. Its a tricky service adjustment to make and you need special tools. Signal generators and the like to generate a special test pattern on the screen just so the adjustment can be done.

The good news is that there is most likely a user version of this adjustment available from your remote control. Which buttons to push I have no idea, depends on the TV.

You can probably get a copy of the user manual on line. Which would be able to tell you which buttons to push to get it as good as it can be before calling in somebody.

If you have kids they might have found the user adjustment and helpfully adjusted it for you. Putting it back should solve the problem.

Good luck!

+1 on convergence. I've done it a few times.

Google is your friend..there are a few sites out there that will show you how to get to the service mode, and might even have an overlay for you to print out. If I were you though, I might think about having a professional do it. At that point, you may find out that you'd be better off buying a new tv.

Good luck.

Yeah, I adjusted the convergence and it didn't help.. I did some research and it looks like there's a shielded module near convergence IC's that could be bad and some bad Resistors?? There is a kit I can get to get it done.. STK-392-150

Looks like I'll just call a TV repair man... I have no clue how this shit works?? I can rebuild a motor, but can't fix a damn tv.. go figure