Best thing to clean a bike?

F4iBunny

So I'm trying to clean up my bike. Right now I'm just wiping her down with a wet cloth then with a dry cloth and that seems to be working on the faring etc. Mostly just removing general dust, dirt, bugs. Is there a better way to do this? What I'm really wondering, is what is the best thing for cleaning the exhaust pipes? They just have some oily stuff on them plus some scuffs from my boots. I have the GooGone stuff that I used to remove the sticker residue from the faring but didn't know if that was ok on the metal.

Thx!

So I'm trying to clean up my bike. Right now I'm just wiping her down with a wet cloth then with a dry cloth and that seems to be working on the faring etc. Mostly just removing general dust, dirt, bugs. Is there a better way to do this? What I'm really wondering, is what is the best thing for cleaning the exhaust pipes? They just have some oily stuff on them plus some scuffs from my boots. I have the GooGone stuff that I used to remove the sticker residue from the faring but didn't know if that was ok on the metal.

Thx!

CB66946.jpg

:metal::bow:

I found that absolute best thing to clean a bike. Its called Kristen, you could try your wife or girlfriend and probably get some good results

LOL!!!

I use any number of random bug and tar removers, quality car wash soap, and lotsa soft cloths. Engine degreaser is money for goo on metal parts.

Alot of the "sprays" out there are NOT the best thing for your paint. Good old fashion soap and water is pretty much the best thing, especially if you have paint you really like, ie custom.... And just like xb said, lots of SOFT cloths!!

The Honda polish cleaned the oily stuff off the exhaust. What took the scuff marks off was the Goo Gone. It was scuffed from my boots and I guess the rubber kinda cooked onto it when it heated up. But last night I used the goo gone as soon as I got home while the exhaust was still hot and it came of in seconds. Polished up real nice with the Honda stuff tho. Nice! :honda:

Thanks! I'm off to clean Bret's bike now! LOL