Granny gets tased...

knicks360

I think the USe of Tasers Is fasr too widespread and used in A lot of instances where they shouldnt be.

The taser was introduced to help subdue subjects that previously would be subdued by Shooting them.....

I say if you arent willing to shoot a gun at a subject....then you shouldnt pull the trigger on that taser either.

Just my .02 cents

come on, how bad could a 72 year old woman hurt that guy without a weapon? regardless if she was cursing (and i didnt see her do anything violent) im sure he could have found a better way to diffuse the situation. shame on him!

Bad childhood memories? :(

:lol: sorta... hahaha. I wandered the halls of a nursing home where my mom worked sometimes, then did some volunteering there when i was a little older. I learned half of the swear words that I know today from this innocent looking old lady in the hall... I learned them from the other end of the hall too!

:lol: sorta... hahaha. I wandered the halls of a nursing home where my mom worked sometimes, then did some volunteering there when i was a little older. I learned half of the swear words that I know today from this innocent looking old lady in the hall... I learned them from the other end of the hall too!

dynamic09.jpg

Don't take the yelling and cursing at you, personally. Just think, you were probably the creepy little girl to them. One min you would be there, then not...and then be like surprise grandma!!! :D

Yeah you don't have the grudge girl look to you at all. :p

Police officer interjection in 5' date='4,3...

For the record.. I have mixed feelings about tazers. In a lot of instances they are necessary but I think they are used too much. I don't feel they should be used for gaining compliance, either. However, with all the bitching we do about cops beating the piss out of some insubordinate asshole it's no wonder they've resorted to this option. I've also heard they are to be used as a non-lethal form of self defense. I don't get that at all. Is an officer's life not valuable enough to defend with deadly force? Mine is.. so should the cop's. If an officer needs to defend his/her life they should be pulling a Beretta and not a stun gun. End of story.

Side note: I hate hearing stories like this. I heard one about a female officer tazing a 6 or 7 year old boy. Complete bullshit. How about hiring some officers with a few brain cells. Maybe then they'll be able to out wit a child and not have to jam 10,000 volts into his system.[/quote']

its 50,000 volts.. just fyi

Tase or pepper spray.... either way.

Just because she's 72 doesn't mean he should change anything he does, if a 16 year old football player does it and a 72 year old woman does it, react the same way.

Gotta learn it doesn't matter who the fuck you THINK you are, you have to listen to the police.

yeah... i don't think he shoulda tazed a 16 year old football player in that instance either. Aren't police officers trained to handle situations without that kind of force???

But, YES, you should change the way you act for people of different size. Are you saying that if a 7 year old is throwing a tantrum and threatening to hit a police officer, they should be tazed??? Remind me never to allow my (future) children around you if you're an officer.

Would have tazed her too...it's either that or subdue her with physical force (grappling with her) which could have really done some damage to her.

A 16 year old...damn well better bet they get tazed too. Wouldn't taze a year old though, they are small enough still to punt.

Um.. I'm gonna' go with a big' date=' fat "I don't fucking think so" on that one, Charlie Brown.[/quote']

NOT listening to a cop isn't an option, it goes back to other conversation in the trashed thread.

If a cop says to do something and you don't, you're going to get fucked, here's my example, but maybe you can shed some light on a better way. Keep in mind it's just an example, wasn't saying this is the way it happens

Cop pulls you over for speeding.

Cop says he got you doing 80 in a 65

Cop wants to arrest you for wreckless op

You apologize, act polite, get handcuffed go to station

Cop marks it as wreckless op you get released and take care of business

Judge takes cops word and you get a wreckless op

Now, assuming you DON'T listen to the cop

Cop pulls you over for speeding.

Cop says he got you doing 80 in a 65

Cop wants to arrest you for wreckless op

You say no way, and make your point by explaining the situation

Cop isn't changing his mind and IS going to handcuff you

You fight it and say he's not listening

Cop tasers you and handcuffs you anyways

Cop marks it as wreckless op and resisting arrest you get held

Judge takes cops word and you get a wreckless op and resisting arrest.

I just don't see a win situation in there if you DON'T listen to a cop.... but seriously, if there is a way, or method, PLEASE tell me because I'd definitely appreciate knowing.

Tase or pepper spray.... either way.

Just because she's 72 doesn't mean he should change anything he does, if a 16 year old football player does it and a 72 year old woman does it, react the same way.

Gotta learn it doesn't matter who the fuck you THINK you are, you have to listen to the police.

The difference is that someone whose physical strength can act as a weapon has a greater responsibility to make sure their actions aren't interpreted as threatening. Regardless of that ladies age, she was like half the size and from what was shown in the video didn't appear to actually be physically threatening to that officer. It looks like she resisted him grabbing her arm.

A GOOD police officer would be able to make the right decision in that instance.

Um.. I'm gonna' go with a big' date=' fat "I don't fucking think so" on that one, Charlie Brown.[/quote']

+1 too many officers on power trips. I think someone should review the phrase "SERVE AND PROTECT" with them.

How about hiring some officers with a few brain cells. Maybe then they'll be able to out wit a child and not have to jam 10' date='000 volts into his system.[/quote']

yes, THIS is the problem.