I'm curious Ninja 1400

buildit

It hopefully won't be quite for too long. I'll be the only twisty rider with a loud BROCK pipe on soon. After that you'll wish I still had the stock pipes. :)

A lot of guys run those at the drag on their busas... LOUD, and good looking too.

Justin, wouldn't you agree Nick would be able to go faster out on the twisty stuff if he had a Busa? It's usually about the rider but in this case I think the busa would be a better bike for him. How can Nick give a good review of the big Ninja if he hasn't spent any time with the Busa?

How can Nick give a good review of the big Ninja if he hasn't spent any time with the Busa?

:lol: This is about the concours and 14 though. So your question doesn't hold up. I'm not understanding here. :D

5.gif

Edited by NinjaNick

Justin, wouldn't you agree Nick would be able to go faster out on the twisty stuff if he had a Busa? It's usually about the rider but in this case I think the busa would be a better bike for him. How can Nick give a good review of the big Ninja if he hasn't spent any time with the Busa?

Well it is true that the Busa is the superior machine:D

I'd love to goad this on Tod, but I've never ridden a ZX14, so all I can say is the 'busa is a big piggy compared to the SV (and even the SV is a piggy). If I wasn't so worried about messing up the factory plastics, I'd probably try to swing the 'busa around and give a more affirmative opinion on the handling of that bike, but I haven't pushed the 'busa in any cornering (Hell, I've only got one trackday under my belt). I save the busa for the straightline stuff, you're the twisty guy, so I'll heed your opinion more than most if you say the 'busa will handle better. The twisties are the whole reason I got the SV - if I eat it, I'm prepared to deal with it on that bike.

The 'busa vs. ZX14 argument will be as old as time - assuming time started in 2007. I think the ergos on the 'busa are better for high speed handling, but the more upright position of the ZX's probably permit better distance riding and turn-in for low/moderate speed stuff.

For Nick, only he'll know what suits him. I think he should TRY a busa if he can get his hands on one (Gen 2, preferably - only because the brakes are a shittonne better), but I don't know how much difference good/bad/otherwise the Suzuki would give him.

I'm just gonna keep my inner busa fanboy in check.

Edited by JRMMiii

The 'busa vs. ZX14 argument will be as old as time - assuming time started in 2007.

Hell before that. 2000 ZX12, then in 2006 it became the zx14. I still have an old copy for MACH III on VHS. Ya'll remember that video?

I'm with you on the fanboy shit though. I agree, because I'm that way with Kawi's. If we all liked the same shit, this would be one boring world for all to be riding the same bike ya know? OH, I think Uncle Punk is just trying to bait me. :cool:

When it comes to liter bikes though...I choose the R1 because it's not as popular on the streets as the gixxer, honda, or zx10. I'm not a fanboy when it comes to the smaller bikes.

Edited by NinjaNick

• 1 month later...

nick can you pm me a copy of that review? I'm 6'3" 225, been riding an fz6 since 07 and im looking for a big bike. Honestly I just dont dig on most of suzuki's offerings and since im one of the guys that rides to work every day for 5 months a year, I want something comfortable, easy enough to handle in downtown traffic, but also adjustable suspension and decent ergos to hang off the side a bit. Ive been looking at (i know somebody's gonna bust down the give ya shit door here) a Buell firebolt, R1, busa, zx14, fjr1300 aprilia rsv 1000r, and ducati 1098 the itallian bikes arent so comfy but the ergos suit my body very very well.

What I dont want is the yamaha style top end only power (fun but no good for downtown, i hate having to mind my gears alllll the time)

i think the rsv 100r and zx14 suit my size the best, tho i think the rsv is more racey than i want. and the front of the 14 is just nasty in my opinion. The R1 and Duc get my votes for the underseat exhaust, along with the firebolt and its ground exhaust. Firebolt also has a huge fuel milage bonus.