convicts f***ed w/ my bike

J-May24

It's a long story lol. i was at community service and the convicts were there too and i have no air duct covers and they fucked w/ my wiring. when i turn on my bike, my speedometer on my 04' yamaha r6 after 5 seconds will just say d lag or d lay i cant tell. but the first 5 seconds it looks normal except my temp. says hi instead of lo. i checked my coolant and its allright. so when i got home, it rode fine, i checked my wires and nothing was cut but i noticed the two main wires from my speedometer were dangling. THey are located right behind my lights. and when i move them in a certain spot everything turns on. I don't know where they go or how to fix them. I am so pissed and frustrated. If anyone knows how to fix this problem or experienced this before, or even if you have a picture of the wiring diagram, please get back to me. I just want my bike fixed, i can't tell my speed when i ride ha. so today i finally put a picture up of what's wrong. what you see is the front of my bike and that's the plastic mesh right by my headlights. the two boxes w/ the yellow dots on them i marked so you can see. that is what's wrong. i don't know where they go. and they have red yellow blue and black wires running into each box marked w/ yellow. when i move those boxes around my speedo works. so i know that those are the problem

Edited by J-May24

speedometers are for pussies anyway. real men know how fast they are going by the feel of the wind in their beard.

I knew a girl that could tell how fast we were going the same way (she didn't wear panties...):D

this thread is awesome. Anyway, I would check all of the connections that they would have been able to get to.. don't just assume all they did was unplug two wires, they could have switched some. So check them all

underage drinking. ha. but it was my last day and it didnt seem shady i thought the convicts would be watched but apparently not. i know it was stupid ha. hopefully this paul guy can help me ive been talking to him