Speed-o-healer... Where do you go from here?

DangBruhY

Ok, I've set my speed-o-healer like 10 times and I'm still not getting the correct mph. (I've had this problem since I got the bike and just now trying to fix it)

I'm almost wanting to put the stock front sprocket back on and take the speed-o-healer off.

It said I was doing 55 and the radar unit on the side of the road said I was doing 45. When you get into higher speeds, the difference becomes larger. Tonight it said I was doing 80mph when I was probably only doing 65-70mph.

Does anyone have any ideas?

yes what he said road side radars are not calibrated ..... us gps or the mile markers on the side of the highway make sure you odo turns a mile each time you pass one . i went down 1 on front and up 1 on rear with the speedohealer and used theyre online calculator to set it and it was dead on ..... did you try the online calculator ?

Make sure you are setting it correctly. I calibrated mine using gps and it works perfectly. Besides those radars on the side of the road are rarely accurate

:plus1:

I am -1/+2 on my sprockets, so I'm way off...BUT! I have a speedohealer and I'm totally accurate. I did all my calibrating on the streets of Fairborn. I used a buddies GPS on my tank and just plugged my numbers into the speedohealer website and they gave me the percentage to set it at. I then checked it with GPS and 35 was 35, 70 was 70, and 100 was 100. My speedometer is 100% right on man.

You must be doing something wrong. Read their website and their calculator to see how to do it. If anybody can't get it right, it's because their not following directions or something. The speedohealer is a simple plug and fix deal.

Oh, to add to the above post...When I was down in Kentucky about to head into Cincinnati last weekend, they had some radar units on the interstate. They said I was doing 70mph and then I looked down and my speedometer said 70mph. My shit is dead on. Use gps and record what it says when your bike is doing a certain speed, then plug it into their gps calculator on their site and it'll be perfect.

I have the same problem. except mine is off -5 at highway speed. Dustin set it 3 times for me when I got it. They are JUNK. Get the one that 12oclocker makes
Not Junk at all if set up properly.

Mine was set up on a Dyno and its dead on every time I go through a Radar Trap.

Make sure you are setting it correctly. I calibrated mine using gps and it works perfectly. Besides those radars on the side of the road are rarely accurate

Those Radars on the side of the road are about as accurate as the guns our local law enforcement use....so I dont think that's the issue at all....This can simply be chalked up to installer error.

Plain and simple.

You must be doing something wrong. Read their website and their calculator to see how to do it. If anybody can't get it right, it's because their not following directions or something. The speedohealer is a simple plug and fix deal.

Totally agree....They work great....and the V4 model(think thats it) is even better allowing you to dial in two setting for two different gearing setups.

Very nice if you ask me.

I've been trying to set it by using the method of -1/0 gearing for calibrating.

Apparently that isn't working correctly. Many of you are saying I should use a GPS to find the actual speed. The only problem is that I don't have a GPS that I can set up on my bike. The only one that I have is my phone and I have no where to put it.

Would that be the best way of calibrating it? If so, I'd need to find a GPS that I can use.

The only one that I have is my phone and I have no where to put it.

do what i did man...take your phone and put it in your jacket with the gps on. my nokia will record the top speed for that trip. then use the number to compare what the top speed you saw on the speedo was. use healtechs online calc to figure out where to set the speedohealer

you can use the mile markers on the side of the freeway as well look at what your odometer says when you pass one and at the next one compare the two if your odo says 1.5 miles then you know your 1/2 mile off and the online calculator will tell you the correction to make

you can use the mile markers on the side of the freeway as well look at what your odometer says when you pass one and at the next one compare the two if your odo says 1.5 miles then you know your 1/2 mile off and the online calculator will tell you the correction to make

Thats not a really good way to do it....Mile markers are approximate...and can be off quite a bit which would still leave you with an inaccurate speedometer.

Thats not a really good way to do it....Mile markers are approximate...and can be off quite a bit which would still leave you with an inaccurate speedometer.

You also have to have one excellent 100% accurate throttle hand to keep the speed perfect for 1 mile while traveling down the road.

Ok, I've set my speed-o-healer like 10 times and I'm still not getting the correct mph. (I've had this problem since I got the bike and just now trying to fix it)

I'm almost wanting to put the stock front sprocket back on and take the speed-o-healer off.

It said I was doing 55 and the radar unit on the side of the road said I was doing 45. When you get into higher speeds, the difference becomes larger. Tonight it said I was doing 80mph when I was probably only doing 65-70mph.

Does anyone have any ideas?

You can go on there website put in all your information it will tell you what the set the healer at. my cbr was -1 +3 i was to set it at .21

here is alink to the site.

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/

go to products and downloads. Put in your bike ..after putting in your bike in the lower right of the screen youll see online calculator put in your info they ask it will giver the percentage and voila no more guessing .

Edited by hondaruss

Use gps tracker for blackberry. It tracks exactly how fast you are going every 2 seconds and records it on an online map that you can pull up whenever you want. Just sign up for the service (is free - just a login for your tracker map - www.instamapper.com) then remember how fast you were going past a specific point, IE through an intersection or on a specific street or from point to point. I don't have a speedo healer, but I use that program for all rides that way I have a record of where I was at and when and what speed - handy if I really enjoyed the route and want to cruise it again later.

You can go on there website put in all your information it will tell you what the set the healer at. my cbr was -1 +3 i was to set it at .21

here is alink to the site.

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/

go to products and downloads. Put in your bike ..after putting in your bike in the lower right of the screen youll see online calculator put in your info they ask it will giver the percentage and voila no more guessing .

I'm trying not to be an ass, but many of you are telling me to look at the web site. How would I get the info to set the thing, if I didn't look at the web site? It's kind of insulting, but I appreciate your efforts.

Since you don't have GPS, go to their online calculator. Select "ESTIMATED." Enter stock front and rear sprocket teeth, to your current sprocket teeth. Then below that enter your wheel size. Then get the -.**% number and program that into your speedohealer. They factor in a decent amount of factory error too, so it'll be pretty close. Then whenever you get a GPS, reset your speedohealer and do it over with GPS and then use their "PRECISE" selection for their calculator.

That's the best instruction we can give man.

Or....go to an area and hold your bike as good as you can at 35mph or anywhere above really well. Have a buddy hold a radar gun on you 100% perfect and then get the number from him what his gun read.