Where should I take my bike for service?

Hondajt

I don't have free time to be working on my bike. None.

But my bike still has a serious loss of power, and its happened only after Honda Powersports in troy installed the spark plugs for me.

I cannot figure out the problem. So I need to take it somewhere to get it serviced.

Anyone have a suggestion? A good firend, a dealer, a honda mechanic, etc....

thanks.

I don't have free time to be working on my bike. None.

But my bike still has a serious loss of power, and its happened only after Honda Powersports in troy installed the spark plugs for me.

I cannot figure out the problem. So I need to take it somewhere to get it serviced.

Anyone have a suggestion? A good firend, a dealer, a honda mechanic, etc....

thanks.

You went all the way up to Troy when you could have gone to southside or middletown? I know both places dont have a great reputation as far as parts and service go......

You should check with Dustin. Much cheaper than any dealer.

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=26655

I'd have one of the guys on the board look at it. Dustin can definitely get it done.

I would take it to Southside if someone here can take a look at it for you.

Try Middletown. The guys are very knowledgeable and I've not heard a bad thing from anyone who's brought their bike there.

:lol:

Try Middletown. The guys are very knowledgeable and I've not heard a bad thing from anyone who's brought their bike there.
I'd have one of the guys on the board look at it. Dustin can definitely get it done.

I would take it to Southside if someone here can take a look at it for you.

:lol:

I just took it as a plug for Middletown and ignored it, but it is pretty funny

I might go take a look at it before you take it anywhere

I think my key is still in it, lol. Bad habits die hard.

But yeah, I plan to take it up on thursday. I am hoping they will fix it, but I am unsure. Unless wrillo fixes it :)

I don't have the time to change the plugs myself.

What? Really John? Come on dude. It takes longer to get your bike there and drop it off. Plugs are a fast job. You got time to take it somewhere you have time to replace your plugs yourself and have some time left over that you would've used taking your bike there. :)

Just trying to help you save time since you said you don't have any.

What? Really John? Come on dude. It takes longer to get your bike there and drop it off. Plugs are a fast job.

On a V4 sportbike, the front plugs, suck. I have to "bend" back the oil cooler, not something I want to do. Makes me nervous. All the local dealers only quoted an hour and a halk to two hours though, so maybe I'm just too paranoid?

Thanks for the heads up. I've never had an issue with them, but they've never touched my Busa, only my previous bikes. May have to look around for another shop.

So whats if it's not the plugs. Anyone got any suggestions?

Its a 2000 Honda interceptor with 20,000. I have changed the oil and air filter very recently. The chain is lubed. I have never over-revved it.

At about 5000rpm, I notice a loss of power, when I used to notice a gain. From there up, whenever I let off the throttle, it feels like I am applying the brakes, but obviously am not. It doesn't sound any different, and the power change is noticable to me, but not to others (Wrillo).

Any thoughts?