Arizona approves bill allowing guns in bars

Disclaimer

Just in case you hadn't heard...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31683427/ns/us_news-life/

PHOENIX - The Arizona Senate has given final approval to a bill that would allow people with concealed weapons permits to carry a gun into a business that serves alcohol.The 19-8 vote completes legislative action on the bill and sends it to Republican Gov. Jan Brewer. She has not said whether she will sign it, but she has long been a supporter of gun rights.

The measure has pitted powerful groups representing gun and bar owners against each other, sparking a debate about whether guns and alcohol can coexist without bloodshed.

Critics of the measure say guns and alcohol are a dangerous combination.

"We don't let people drink and drive, why should we let them drink and carry guns?" said Sen. Paula Aboud, D-Tucson, who voted against the bill.

Supporters say they should be able to protect themselves and their families even if they happen to be inside a business serving alcohol.

"It's very important that criminals are now afraid rather than law abiding citizens," said Sen. Jack Harper, R-Surprise, the bill's sponsor.

The measure would ban drinking while packing and allow restaurants to deny entry to gun-toting citizens by posting a sign next to their liquor license.

The bill initially required that a bar serving alcohol also serve food, but that provision was removed at the request of bar owners who worried about uncertainty over which bars have kitchens.

Forty other states have approved similar measures, according to the National Rifle Association.

Former Gov. Janet Napolitano, a Democrat, vetoed a similar bill earlier this decade that would not have required people to have concealed weapons permits in order to carry guns in bars.

More than 127,000 Arizonans have concealed weapons permits, which require a gun safety course and background check, according to the Arizona Department of Public Safety.

Finally! When will people realize that "laws" do not stop criminals. It merely inhibits the honest people.

Someone with intent to harm etc. pays no attention to gun laws.

QFT

How about they make it illegal to make it illegal to carry guns in ANY establishment.... srsly

The one question I have is, how do I transport my firearm as I'm getting my CCW?

In a car it has to be, unloaded, out of reach and ammunition not in the same location.... what is it for motorcycles since everything is within reach?

The one question I have is, how do I transport my firearm as I'm getting my CCW?

In a car it has to be, unloaded, out of reach and ammunition not in the same location.... what is it for motorcycles since everything is within reach?

gun and ammo has to be seperate. on the bike welllllllllllllll ask cleaver :lol: he just threw it all in a backpack and dumped it off at my house

gun locked in a case in backpack and ammo in a tankbag? or vice versa. id think a cop would be happier if the gun was in your backpack and not right in front of you on your tank though... having it in a locked case would probably help too.

it may not be 100% legal, im not sure... honestly i would call your local PD or sheriff's office and ask them. but IMO it may look a little better to a cop if its locked up and in your bag. at least you're trying to obey some semblance of the law. if you get a cop who is sympathetic to the cause he may tell you to have a nice day if everything else is in order... or you could get some hardass who wants to take you downtown...

Finally! When will people realize that "laws" do not stop criminals. It merely inhibits the honest people.

Someone with intent to harm etc. pays no attention to gun laws.

:plus1:

You have to kiester it.

saw this a long time ago and glad I could find it again, hilarious website! they sell holsters for motorcycle riders...

here's a caption from their product description

"We like to call this the Italian motorcyclist's gun holster of choice, but you can also use it to store maps, Twinkies, or your "Motorcycle Gang" Barbie doll. 6.6" tall x 4.3" wide x 3" thick; 1.5 liter volume.

The perfect quick-draw Hostess Twinkie dispenser!

Send us your Twinkie shoot-out photos with the T454 to be featured on this web page as our "Deadly Hostess Dueler" of the Month!

Don't forget to Buy Your Twinkies!"

You can actually buy twinkies from their website too haha check it out

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productlist/604/