CCW NEO-Training Course, Please Sign Up Here

Likwid

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who do we have for sure looks like Likwid, JRMMiii, Inya, Me? anyone else doing this for sure. I might have a guy from work that is going with me.

Redridinghood f stonewall that place is crazy packed on the days I am off fri-sun. I have been going to B&T out in lorain on rt. 57 much more civil out there. Stonewall can kinda be dicks about what they let you shoot there also, like the no mag in a rifle rule. and charging more to shoot a rifle then a pistol is B.S. also. But since there is only a few place to shoot up here in the cleveland area guess you have to deal with the b.s.

So who do we have for sure looks like Likwid, JRMMiii, Inya, Me? anyone else doing this for sure. I might have a guy from work that is going with me.

Peeps are listed in the initial thread, but yah you're just about right :)

@JRM, sorry I was insanely busy today. I'm going to call the guy one more time tomorrow. If he can't give us a date I'd say we should go with speedy's guy.

@JRMiii the date would be aug 9th if we go with the guy I have been talking to. He said he either uses North Olmsted shooting club's range or Grays armory in Cleveland. The price he gave me was $125 a person which I might be able to work on with him depends on group size. One day class 12 hrs, need 100 rounds of ammo, ear and eye protection is also needed. He said prescription glasses or sunglasses are OK even. $50 per person deposit rest due at time of class I guess? If you have any questions check his web site I posted or let me know and I will contact him about it.

Redridinghood f stonewall that place is crazy packed on the days I am off fri-sun. I have been going to B&T out in lorain on rt. 57 much more civil out there. Stonewall can kinda be dicks about what they let you shoot there also, like the no mag in a rifle rule. and charging more to shoot a rifle then a pistol is B.S. also. But since there is only a few place to shoot up here in the cleveland area guess you have to deal with the b.s.

Thanks for the head's up Speedy! I don't get Stonewall really. They want you to have experience...or be with someone WITH exp. yet how the f are you going to get experience unless you try...point and unload mo fo's! Damn! I'd hate to have to wait for the Army to teach me this!

hey im new to the site guys (like under a week) and i just came across this thread n read the first few pages but it got long...anyway, is there a time place and price set? if near me i would love to get in on this bikes or not

Edited by drumbtzz

Thanks for the head's up Speedy! I don't get Stonewall really. They want you to have experience...or be with someone WITH exp. yet how the f are you going to get experience unless you try...point and unload mo fo's! Damn! I'd hate to have to wait for the Army to teach me this!

ill go for a hour or somethin with you if you promise not to shoot me

If you go there, stop in on a weekend and ask for Joe to see if he can help you get experience. Late 40's, glasses, skinny. Not spoke to him in a year or two, but he was part time there on weekends and he's a good guy.

Talked to my neighbor tonight, he's interested - he also had a few more recommendations:

B&T shooting in Lorain (440.277.5252) and Grafton (440.748.5700)

and

Walton & Associates - Mark Walton (rwalton@neo.rr.com 330.334.0509)

http://www.carryingsafe.com/

Curriculum

Introduction

The curriculum for our CCW class consists of two parts. The first being classroom training, the second part range instruction. The class outline and important information are as follows:

Outline

• Lesson One - Ohio Basic CCW Rules, Regulations and Requirements. - 2 hrs.
  • Lesson Two - Pistol Knowledge & Safe Gun Handling - 2 hrs.
  • Lesson Three - Ammunition Knowledge & fundamentals of Pistol Shooting - 2 hrs.
  • Lesson Four - Firing the First Shots - 2 hrs
  • Lesson Five - Formal Written and Practical Exams, Two-Handed Standing Shooting Position, and Intro. to Pistol we will use on Firing Range. - 2 hrs.
  • Lesson Six - Live Fire Range time

Costs

The entire cost of the program is $75. This includes everything you will need including course materials, use of a provided weapon, all range fees and ammunition.

Subject Matter to Be Covered

In the NRA Basic Pistol Course we will be teaching the basic knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary for owning and using a pistol safely. This covers how to safely handle, fire and properly store pistols and ammunition.

You will learn the basic components of a handgun.

Pass both practical and written examination on course material.

Spend two hours on the firing range applying all learned principles.

Important Things to Know

• DO NOT BRING A WEAPON OR AMMUNITION TO CLASS - they will be provided for you.
  • All of your instructors are certified to teach this course.
  • Be on time! There are a required number of hours to complete the course, if you are late or do not complete these hours you will not pass.
  • You will be provided one hour for lunch, and you must sign in and out.
  • All cell phones must be off during class.
  • No cameras or recording devices of any kind are permitted in the class.

Classroom Training will be conducted at:

New Address: The First Baptist Church, 3646 Medina Rd., Medina, Ohio 44256

Range Training will be conducted at:

The Marksman

3017 Barber Rd

Norton, OH 44203

Edited by JRMMiii

Kind of ironic that it is taught in a church huh? Yeah not real sure about use of there gun Iwould prefer to use my own that I am used to. Anyone contact them?

@ Red yeah stonewall is kinda messed up like that. I've seen them turn away guys that said they wanted to rent a gun and shoot when they said they had never shot before.

75 and they provide ammo? thats a deal and a half...as long as they dont train you with the 'mosquito' .22 lol...id rather learn with my own gun but i have a .45 auto and ammo is gettin redic :-/

i would still rather go somewhere closer to me (im 20 min south of cleveland) but if thats where everyone wants to go im in

I'm interested in knowing whether they require you to show up the next day for range time. That's something I would rather skip if possible. I get more than enough range time on my own... and it kills the whole 'do it in one day' thing.

Oh yeah..B&T by my house is $150 I think...and they have both one and two day courses.