CCW NEO-Training Course, Please Sign Up Here

Likwid

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ttt

I can't edit the post from my phone, Ol' Springer is out but I have 2 replacements... still over the 5 people we need.

Here's what information I need from the folks signing up... what day and time is best for you? We're doing a 1-day class.

Also what weapons are you bringing. (so I can ask about rental discounts or can lend one of my pistols)

Personally I'd prefer Saturday, Sunday or Friday. Would prefer first weekend in August.

Will bring my HiPoint 40 and S&W 22 if they allow 22s.

To answer your information, I would also prefer a Sat, Sun, Fri or Mon... if I'm taking a vacation day to do this, might as well make it a long weekend.

I'll likely bring my Ruger SP101 shooting .38 spc.

Have we settled on a location for this? Or...?

I do have another question though, my neighbor and a few guys at my office expressed interest. I haven't told them anything about this, but if I did mention it to them, what is the last drop dead date that they have to commit?

I assume the instructor will have to gather the right amount of booklets and information so I don't want him to think 7 people are showing up, then 10 people show and be without materials. So, I just wanted to know how many days "heads up" we needed to give the instructor on class size? And, if there is a class size restriction? I'd also be nice to have all the info. Date, Time, Location, Cost, etc if I was to communicate that - so lets settle up and if we get a few extra people, great (assuming all the OR.net members are in the class and they have room for a few more).

Edited by JRMMiii

Went to the gun show in Berea today, I might be out? I found local cop who does classes in one day here local to me for $75. I am gonna call him on Monday when I wake up to see if I can set up a date asap. If anyone is interested I will see how many people he does in a class and when his next date is. I want to get my class done NOW! So I may bail and do it on my own since no one seems to have a date or anything set yet.

Went to the gun show in Berea today, I might be out? I found local cop who does classes in one day here local to me for $75. I am gonna call him on Monday when I wake up to see if I can set up a date asap. If anyone is interested I will see how many people he does in a class and when his next date is. I want to get my class done NOW! So I may bail and do it on my own since no one seems to have a date or anything set yet.

Definitely let us know, I'm waiting on a reply from the instructor (emailed him on Saturday), so that should give us a date.

Well he called me back this morning, and the price the other police officer told me was not right. He said he can do a group but it would be $125 for a one day class? He holds the class either in North Olmsted or Cleveland at grays armory. Said he could set it up for any weekend we want starting next weekend. He would need $50 down from each person to hold a date for a class. I told him I would post up the info here and see if anyone was interested. So if anyone wants to do it closer then Canton and in the next two weeks let me know, I have to get back to him in the next 48 hrs. He has a class this weekend but not much room left in it. If we get a group of 5 or 6 he MIGHT do a small break on the price I will have to see. Here is his web site. http://1stdefenseprotection.com/

Edited by speedytriple

So, so far, $80/person for 5+ people seems to be the most economical.

Unless some of the folks charging more can convince me/us that we're getting value for the additional cost... Where are you at Likwid?

I'm here, no reply back from my email, I'll give him a call

Talked to David yesterday for awhile. He said that his course is very involved in point and shoot. He said that by the end of the class almost all his student are able to rapidly acquire the target and point shoot center mass hits. He also is involved with the local swat team and pushes the no aim style of shooting. If likwids guy does not reply soon is anyone interested in going to the class here in Cleveland/north Olmsted? The guy called me back yesterday and asked if I had found out who was interested. He also said it would be fine to use a 22lr handgun for the class. He also offered cheap reloads to buy for use in the class. Let me know if anyone wants me to find out more info from him. He said he has room for about 10 more on Aug. 9th so if yuo have people you want to bring he said that would be fine.

Yeah this guy seems to be real good on high stress situations. He said he emphasizes muscle memory and point and shoot type training. It is a bit more for the class but it is closer and by the time you drive to canton and back it is almost even with gas? And with a 12 hour class if it starts early think what time you will have to leave to get down to canton and what time you will get back home? This guy is ready to get a class going now, which is what I wanted. He asked me if I wanted to come this sat for a class with a group he already has. If likwid does not hear any news soon I say we do the local class.

I'm super busy today, but the guys number is 330-833-6211 ask for Dan. If one of you wants to give him a call and ask what's the next day he can do a class I wouldn't be offended.

I agree though, if we don't hear back within a week it'd be nice to get a confirmed day.

When you talked to him was there any sense of a discount if we brought X people? He's cheaper than a few, but more expensive than a few as well.

Not really? I know I thought the same with the price. But by the time you drive to Canton and back(for me 140 miles) It will burn at least a half tank of gas in my car which would be about $20. I don't care where we take the class I just want to get a date set already.

Not really? I know I thought the same with the price. But by the time you drive to Canton and back(for me 140 miles) It will burn at least a half tank of gas in my car which would be about $20. I don't care where we take the class I just want to get a date set already.

You're driving?!? hehe, I hear you, I'm anxious too, but unless your guy needs the deposits before "some" date, August 9th is "confirmed"

So even if the guy in Canton takes 2 weeks to get back to us and says "August 1st" we're still on a good timeframe.

But I agree with you, let's get this hammered out. Also, since your guy is taking deposits none of us need to worry about the what-ifs if someone doesn't make it... it's their loss.

Holy sheep shit batman! I want to do this sooo bad! Hell, on Wednesday's at Stonewall is ladies night, all I need is someone with experience to get in. I may think about doing this..thanks for the post and info!

Guns and ammo and bikes, what more could a chick ask for! ;):metal: