CCW NEO-Training Course, Please Sign Up Here

Likwid

I'm interested in knowing whether they require you to show up the next day for range time. That's something I would rather skip if possible. I get more than enough range time on my own... and it kills the whole 'do it in one day' thing.

Oh yeah..B&T by my house is $150 I think...and they have both one and two day courses.

K. JRM is going to find out how soon they can get us in..

Inya, you can't skip the range time, the state mandates 10 hours of training and 2 hours of range time

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just mapquested both the church and range JRMMiii posted about and total driving for me is only 45 min so im definately in if this happens..stonewall would still be closer but for half their price its worth the extra 2 bucks i would spend on gas lol

any idea the caliber they train you with?

ill go for a hour or somethin with you if you promise not to shoot me
If you go there, stop in on a weekend and ask for Joe to see if he can help you get experience. Late 40's, glasses, skinny. Not spoke to him in a year or two, but he was part time there on weekends and he's a good guy.

Drumb-Let me know when!

Walther-Thanks for the info..I'll look for him when next time I go.

Love to go but it's just to far away from me.

Anybody have an interest in this near C-bus?

I'm sure there is, start up a CBus thread, we're trying to sure up dates here, I'd prefer to keep this thread on topic until we have a date confirmed and are good to go :)

Not being a dick SS, i <3 u

Here's the e-mail I drafted:

Pam,

Good day. I'm interested in the CCW classes you offer. I was recommended through a friend of my neighbors.

Basically, here's the scoop. I'm a member of an ohio motorcycle forum, and a dozen or so members from the Northeast Ohio area have expressed interest in taking a CCW class. I told them I'd contact you to get some additional information. I've already posted up the website information on the forum. If you wouldn't mind answering the following questions so I'm able to report back to them, I would appreciate it.

1) Are the classes only run on the weekends?

2) Would you be able to accommodate the 10-12 in our group in the same class?

2a) If so, is there a group discount available?

2b) And, when would be the earliest date you would be able to schedule us in?

3) Per the website, if we are not to bring our own guns or ammunition, what caliber of gun is used for the class?

3a) If we choose, are we permitted to use our own guns and holster?

4) Per the website, the classes are held on two separate days, is there anyway to accomplish the class in a single day?

Currently, the plan was for the group to do the class on August 9th, but I believe most people would be open to as soon as August 1st. Please let me know if you'd like/need any additional information from me or any other members and I'll get back with you as soon as possible.

Best Regards

If I don't get any critique from anyone by tomorrow 9AM, then it's going out...

Looks like the next class would be the 25th.

July 25th? that's vintage days.

Let's look at the next weekend after this one, if we can all get into that class I'd say let's do it... make it an OR+friends class

Can we register individually and pay the deposit ourselves?

i thought there was talk of aug 9th? lol...so who is actually taking charge of this? im a guarantee 'in' as long as this is ends up bein either a evening or weekend class, as i work first shift

im still voting for walton, best price, ammo provided, not too far for really anyone around cleveland..

thoughts?

Not that it matters to me but I'd like to know my weapon is the one I used to take my class in case it ever came up in court. I think being able to tell a jury that you were trained on the exact weapon the prosecutor is holding goes a lot farther than saying you trained on something else.. and can't really remember what it is.

i agree' date=' that is really the only downfall for walton...id love to use my own gun...but honestly...your never goin to buy or carry a different gun after you take the class for the rest of your life?

not bein a d...just wanted to throw that out...

[/b']

here's something that might spark some people's interest...this is based out of cleveland, i heard about this site from the radio show rovers morning glory about 6 months back, check out the website for full details and pictures...we can prob get a group discount cheaper than the $115 price and you get to use your own gun, plus they offer rentals if you do not have your own

thoughts?

http://www.commencefire.com/

front2blk.jpg greysarm.gif

Our Classroom is located at

4145 Pearl Road,

Cleveland, Ohio 44109

(Second floor of Montalvo Home Improvement)

Our range work is at

Gray's Armory

1234 Bolivar,

Cleveland, Ohio 44114

COMMENCE FIRE has its own

STATE-OF-THE-ART classroom for all of its firearms training courses.

• Our classroom is 800 square foot (19’x 42) with a break room.

facility1.jpg

Snacks, Water and Carbonated Beverages available

New tables and comfortable chairs

We use modern teaching techniques

Computers with PowerPoint presentations containing the training material, pictures & videos

Large 80 inch screen that is easily visible from the back of the room

Numerous training aids to include non-guns & dummy ammunition

• Numerous useful items for Concealed Carry available for purchase at reasonable prices

Safes

Holsters

Class1.jpg

Snap Caps

Lock Boxes

Gripmasters

Cleaning Kits

Eye Protection

Hearing Protection

Commence Fire T-Shirts

OUR CLASSROOM IS SO NICE THAT

OTHER INSTRUCTORS RENT IT FOR THEIR COURSES!

Click here to view a slide show of our facility.

MAP TO OUR CLASS ROOM

4145 Pearl Road

Classroom%20Map.jpg

MAP TO THE RANGE

Gray's Armory 1234 Bolivar Avenue

Range%20Map.jpg

CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSE

This is the course necessary if you intend on applying for a Concealed Handgun Permit. Please understand that this is a competency course. Per Ohio Law you must successfully complete this course to obtain a certificate. We understand this and will do everything possible to ensure you pass. We guarantee that you will feel welcome in our non-intimidating training environment. Upon successful completion you will be ready to apply for your Concealed Handgun Permit.

Training will be conducted with both a Revolver and a Semi-Automatic Handgun.

Classroom Training will consist of 10 hours (Mandated by Law) & will cover the following:

• Safe Handling of Firearms (most important aspect of firearms training)

• Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

• Our course is taught by active Law Enforcement Officers with years of experience.

• They ensure you have a good grasp of the law and can answer all your questions.

[*]

Deadly Force

• Our Chief Instructors has been involved in a deadly force incident brings that experience into the classroom.

[*]

Weapon Nomenclature (parts)

[*]

Weapon Function

• Includes Malfunction Drills

[*]

Loading and Unloading

[*]

Firearm maintenance and Cleaning

[*]

Proper Storage of Firearms and Ammunition.

[*]

The Six Marksmanship Skills

• Stance, Grip, Sight Alignment, Sight Picture, Breathing Control, Trigger Control

Range Training will consist of 2 hours (Mandated by Law) & will cover the following:

• Live Fire Exercises

Requirements:

• Firearm, either a Revolver or Semi-automatic (bring both if you own them).

• If you do not own a firearm, please do not purchase one for this course.

• We have numerous different revolvers and semi-automatics available to rent.

[*]

150 rounds of factory loaded ammunition.

[*]

Be willing to learn and have fun doing it.

Cost:

• $125 if you attend by yourself

• $115 for each person if you attended the same course date together.

The difference between the other courses and ours is that we provide you with everything you need to apply for your Concealed Carry License:

• Attorney Generals Ohio Concealed Carry Pamphlet

• Concealed Carry Application

• 2” x 2” Passport Photograph

• Certificate of Successful Completion

• WE THROW IN LUNCH FOR FREE on our one day courses!!!

We encourage you to call around. You will realize that no other company matches our Customer Service, Professionalism, Experience, Facilities and VALUE!

Return to the top

Edited by drumbtzz

Return e-mail from Walton and Assoc.

Justin, Thanks for your interest in our course. I have answered your questions below. To register or any other questions just reply to this email.

thanks again,

1) Are the classes only run on the weekends?
Yes, we only run on Saturdays and Sundays due to our other job schedules.

2) Would you be able to accommodate the 10-12 in our group in the same class?
Yes, we can get all 12 plus in one class.

2a) If so, is there a group discount available?
Sorry, no we do not give discounts for groups as our fee in already as low as we can go.

2b) And, when would be the earliest date you would be able to schedule us in?
the next date to accommodate all of you is the 8/9th of August, we also have the 22/23rd of August available too.

3) Per the website, if we are not to bring our own guns or ammunition, what caliber of gun is used for the class?
we use a ruger 22/45.

3a) If we choose, are we permitted to use our own guns and holster?
No, we ask that you use our handgun. Because at the range we instruct with a list of commands that pertain to the Ruger 22/45 plus it is also a safety reason as well, keeping a controlled environment inside the range.

4) Per the website, the classes are held on two separate days, is there anyway to accomplish the class in a single day?
No we cannot run in one day as the course is 12 hours long, it would make for too long a day , because we end with range time, you should be alert -- not sluggish or tired.

Currently, the plan was for the group to do the class on August 9th, but I believe most people would be open to as soon as August 1st. Please let me know if you'd like/need any additional information from me or any other members and I'll get back with you as soon as possible.
We run twice per month, so our next dates to accommodate your group would be the August 8/9th weekend or the 22/23rd of August weekend.

To register for the course I will need everyones full name, address, phone number and email addresses. you can send them all together in one email and then I can correspond with you with any further information. Remember to include which date you all can attend. As far as payment we like it ahead of time. We accepted check or money order and that can be made out to PAM WALTON, AT 7996 BONETA RD. WASDSWORTH, OH 44281. THE COURSE FEE IS $75 PER PERSON . This can be mailed individually or as a group.

HOPE THAT ANSWERS YOUR QUESTIONS, I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU SOON,

Pam Walton

pwalton@neo.rr.com

I'm leaning toward the Aug 8th/9th class... so, PM the appropriate information to me, or we'll need to figure out someway that you can send that information on your own. It sounds like we could almost just sign up ourselves... we just need to settle a date, then it's in your hands to get it straight.

I'll go ahead and say that I'm planning on registering for the Aug 8th/9th class. I'll keep a list. Unconfirmed means you have no mailed in your payment.

Aug 8th/9th:

JRMMiii + guests (unconfirmed)

Likwid + guests (unconfirmed)

Edited by JRMMiii

like i said before....lol...the 'mosquito'

u guys really wanta get trained with a .22??

hell u could do more damage with a rubber band and paperclip from the back of the classroom....

yea passing the aim portion would be a breeze but.......really???