new guy from the east side

Steve Butters

my name is tyler, im 18 and from blacklick, i found this site from columbus racing, some of you may recognize my s/n from there... im in school for criminology and work part time at ups...enough about me, on to the bike

my dad recently passed away and left his bike to me...its a 1997 v-max, custom blue paint, kerker slip-ons, stock...i have a jet kit i found in the garage, stage 1...need to isntall it, and next mod will be the vboost mod...gonna get used to riding it first...just did the furbur fix aswell

bike was bought new by my dad, and wrecked with 300 miles on it, he got t-boned by a stolen car that ran a redlight... insurance totaled it, he bought it back and fixed it, and rode it 17k more miles...never got it inspected, doh!

so i am not riding yet...i need to get it inspected still and then try to work insurance costs into my budget, being a poor college kid is no fun!

not really sure what is expected out of an intro on this site...so i guess thats all i got

the saddle bags are removed, i didnt like them...bike needs cleaned badly...also found the original rear stay in a box in the garage, so the sissy bar is coming off for awhile until im comfortable enough to let my gf on it with me...(atleast a year, if not 2)....seat is aftermarket, but its a yamaha part...i dislike the hole in the seat to fill it up, my big hand doesnt fit, so i have to remove the seat to put gas in it *just 2 screws, and i tuck the allen wrench under the zip tie on the handlebars that holds the cords*

CIMG1087.jpg

CIMG0970.jpg

CIMG0964.jpg

CIMG0965.jpg

Welcome to the site Tyler, I'm the same Bigbird from CR (99BigbirdSS). When you get that thing together we'll go ride if you want.

sounds good man! mustang is nickle and diming me to death at the moment, so the bike is on hold...it just needs maintenance (all fluids) and an inspection then i should be good to go, just gotta see what insurance will be...gonna wait till next spring to get a quote since ill have a few tickets drop off in october this year

Haha yeah that's right, didn't you have your license suspended for a while? You're pretty young too, but given the type of bike your insurance shouldn't be TOO bad once those tickets drop off. Once you really get out there on the road I'm sure you'll be hooked, I know I am. My Camaro is on hold indefinitely, just gonna daily drive it and sink all my money into this new obsession.

Haha yeah that's right, didn't you have your license suspended for a while? You're pretty young too, but given the type of bike your insurance shouldn't be TOO bad once those tickets drop off. Once you really get out there on the road I'm sure you'll be hooked, I know I am. My Camaro is on hold indefinitely, just gonna daily drive it and sink all my money into this new obsession.

yep...twice x.x

my last quote wasnt too bad, but definately not great... 100 a month for full coverage...so im gonna wait till these tickets go away and see what i can get

hci camaro = win

my gfs mom didnt seem too into that bike youre selling, sorry lol...she doesnt want a project i guess, even though it seemed like an easy fix

yep...twice x.x

my last quote wasnt too bad, but definately not great... 100 a month for full coverage...so im gonna wait till these tickets go away and see what i can get

hci camaro = win

my gfs mom didnt seem too into that bike youre selling, sorry lol...she doesnt want a project i guess, even though it seemed like an easy fix

Ah no worries, I don't feel like fixing it either haha. And damn...lol keep your right foot under control man!

I would love to do heads and cam on my car (already have intake mani, just an ls6 though, and I have a cam, just not installed), but riding is just too damn fun! I'm sure somewhere along the line I'll get all that done, but I need a new clutch/master cylinder, and the rear end screams at me :( haha so I doubt doing H/C would help that situation too much...

Ah no worries, I don't feel like fixing it either haha. And damn...lol keep your right foot under control man!

I would love to do heads and cam on my car (already have intake mani, just an ls6 though, and I have a cam, just not installed), but riding is just too damn fun! I'm sure somewhere along the line I'll get all that done, but I need a new clutch/master cylinder, and the rear end screams at me :( haha so I doubt doing H/C would help that situation too much...

im working on it!

looks good! i love that you switched the chrome to black...im big on "murdered out" lol you should see my car

It was mostly black anyways. I just pc'd the scoops, lowered it with black shocks, replaced those huge signals with pc'd black ones and replaced those horrible bars with black drag bars. I hate chrome.

Welcome to the site. Just got a bike inspected. they didnt look at shit. i bet if you explain the situation theyll sign off on it.

If you have any inspection questions let me know.

Welcome to the site. Just got a bike inspected. they didnt look at shit. i bet if you explain the situation theyll sign off on it.

If you have any inspection questions let me know.

lol yea i called and explained it to them and they were like "do you know its a felony to ride it uninspected?" i said "no offense, but i dont think my dad cares at this point..." they said since it was totalled over 10 years ago, they can just sign off on it without any receipts etc...i dont understand how he rode it for 11 years, insurance and current tags, without having it inspected lol