Trooper Clocked at 147!!!

jporter12

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I wonder what they are actually going to do to him about that? Anybody know whats going on?

The court already gave him a fine and 6 month suspension as stated above. The Highway Patrol is now starting an investigation into his conduct. 10TV says he "can drive for work".

I'd hate to be paying his insurance premiums...

The court already gave him a fine and 6 month suspension as stated above. The Highway Patrol is now starting an investigation into his conduct. 10TV says he "can drive for work".

:plus1:

I tell you what though - the next person to get a reckless operation ticket from Highsmith had better have been going 200 in a school zone...

Can you imagine being at the side of the freeway getting a reckless ticket from him for 90. "Wow, maybe I should have sped up to 147 then it wouldn't have been reckless driving." :D

Call the station to see if he is out on patrol, find out where he's at, then bait him during his entire shift...

I was reading that the driving priveleges are to work, but I didn't see anything about driving FOR work.

From what I've read, $150 is the maximum fine, and the Wreckless Op is where the suspension comes from.

I don't think this situation is over yet, it's not gonna just go away that easily, there's too much media coverage.

wisper voice.... I think you are.

Call the station to see if he is out on patrol, find out where he's at, then bait him during his entire shift...

:lol::lol::lol:LMAO...... I bet if he was out on patrol right now and 10 bikes went by at 150 mph......... I bet he sits in the car and pretends like he didnt see a thing...... lol

Seriously, if you are leave negative as my reputation, please, have the stones to leave your name and give a reason.

reputation_neg.gifTrooper Clocked at 147!!! 08-11-2009 03:40 PMneg rep for bitching about neg rep

reputation_neg.gifTrooper Clocked at 147!!! 08-11-2009 03:29 PMbawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

You still didn't leave you're name!!!!!

:wtf::bitchfight:

Edited by bdruggan10r

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2009/08/24/story_speeding.html?sid=102

The Gahanna (149mph) officer was fired yesterday. The Trooper (147mph) was recommended for termination but the OSHP and Union came to an agreement on a 5 days suspension and reassignment (not sure if this is the reassignment announced a few weeks ago from "motorbike cop" to "traffic duty", or a further reassignment.)

Termination Letter: http://www.10tv.com/live/export-content/sites/10tv/local/stories/2009/08/25/ThomasLetter.pdf

Locked up, no.

Without a license, that is happening.

No one is getting away with anything. Due process in a court of law is taking effect now.

Granted, discretion took place here that should not have taken place. :rulez: should apply fairly and equally for all. That includes me. If I get stopped I do not expect that my badge will bail me out of anything, although it probably will and I will not ask for a citation if an officer decides not to write one. But I will not bitch if an officer decides to write me one either.

And if any one asks. I would have writen four citation that day. Two for speed, two for reckless on a public roadway. No jail, and no tow. Anyone else would get the same if they did not run.

I think that what has most ppl upset is the excessive Discretion and that most ppl excpet LEO/Fire Servixe that are to up hold the law to be held to the same standards if not higher.

that is atleast my two cents.. if they would have been treated the same as joe citizen.. Like Bd.. says he would be I would be fine with that.

• 5 weeks later...

Time to pick at this old scab again...

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2009/09/24/story_trooper.html?sid=102

Trooper In Officers' Traffic Stop Could Face Discipline

The state trooper who pulled over two law enforcement officers traveling at speeds more than twice the posted speed limit could face discipline for his handling of the traffic stop, 10 Investigates' Paul Aker reported on Thursday.

The Ohio State Highway Patrol said Trooper Bryan Lee broke policy by turning off his recording device as he talked with the officers along the side of the freeway.

I saw Jason Highsmith tailgating (USC game). His bike (zx14) is for sale. He said his insurance company dropped him and he can't get insurance elsewhere. He's working out in Marysville.

Hopefully he tickets some of the hypocrites on this thread.

i thought highsmith was fired from the GPD.

Jason Highsmith was the State Trooper in this incident, and he still is a State Trooper (Was a bike cop, was kicked off the bike squad). Chris Thomas was the Gahanna officer, and he was fired (was a swat officer but was on worker's comp from a fall - no apparent action taken by BWC re: being able to ride in the stated manner but unable to work).

Edited by Scruit

Actually the OS Trooper was only relocated. That is what I had last read. But the other officer was fired. Not sure if something else had changed since. But, that was what I had read about it. Truly think that they both should have lost there jobs. With no excuses!! They knew better, and should suffer the consequences, just like any of us would have had to do!!!

Edited by Bodyman

i thought highsmith was fired from the GPD.

if that's not that case, for the millionth time, there's no hypocrisy here. no one that i can think of on this forum would ever drive or advocate driving excessively fast on THE INTERSTATE.

Highsmith is the trooper...as stated in previous post.

As for the hypocrisy, your exception to driving fast on the interstate proves the hypocrisy. I guess you're judge/jury when it comes to deciding where it's ok to speed.

My point...we've all been speeding at inappropriate times and places. And just because he's an officer of the law, I'm sure he still wants to have fun on his bike...just like you...just like me.

I got caught speeding on my bike in July. The deputy admitted to me that he speeds all the time. But, he had to ticket me because 22mph over was too much for his liking. He said under 20mph over, he would not have pulled me over.

And if we're going to be sticklers for laws...70 in a 65 deserves a ticket too?

Let me know what's acceptable to you here as well.

Highsmith is the trooper...as stated in previous post.

As for the hypocrisy, your exception to driving fast on the interstate proves the hypocrisy. I guess you're judge/jury when it comes to deciding where it's ok to speed.

My point...we've all been speeding at inappropriate times and places. And just because he's an officer of the law, I'm sure he still wants to have fun on his bike...just like you...just like me.

I got caught speeding on my bike in July. The deputy admitted to me that he speeds all the time. But, he had to ticket me because 22mph over was too much for his liking. He said under 20mph over, he would not have pulled me over.

And if we're going to be sticklers for laws...70 in a 65 deserves a ticket too?

Let me know what's acceptable to you here as well.

no one is being a stickler here and i'm not gonna rehash all this thread, but 147 on a busy interstate is stupid. Yes, i've hit 130 on a back country road that sees maybe a car an hour before that i've ridden numerous times to be certain of beforehand. And yes, i cant guarantee that no car will come the otherway, but i sure as hell can see 1/2 mile down the road before i decide to test out the throttle. If i'd been caught, i'd have had to pay the consequences. I'm not saying i shouldnt get a ticket if i get caught either. I am saying that NO ONE here will ever feel bad for someone getting caught being that stupid on the interstate or any other busy public road for that matter..