Trooper Clocked at 147!!!

jporter12

7 months?! Shit son, I've been here for 5 years. :lol:

:lol:

still though slipped and got a boo boo, to hurt to do paperwork but can ride a sportbike, at 149 mph no less? maybe if he was on a juiced up 'wing or something I might buy his "injuries" but seems more than a little fishy

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 days and 8 days to issue tickets?? Yea that would happen to any one of us. Oh and one guy was on injured leave since december and still collects pay, benefits, and vacation time?? No wonder the city/state don't have any damn money and want to raise taxes!

Unbelievable. :mad:

Like someone said earlier: you'd have ticket and a bike impound in 10 minutes. Not a handshake, ride away,and a ticket a week later. we should just all join the CPD.

Update from nbc4 - this really gets my goat man...

http://www.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/local/article/osp_video_off-duty_trooper_officer_ticketed_for_speeding/19172/

4 days and 8 days to issue tickets?? Yea that would happen to any one of us. Oh and one guy was on injured leave since december and still collects pay, benefits, and vacation time?? No wonder the city/state don't have any damn money and want to raise taxes!

Unbelievable. :mad:

And in fucking traffic. No dead straightaway, that had some cars on the road. This absolutely makes my blood boil.

defense lawyer on the news just said if they're not charged with reckless op it gives defense lawyers a great precedent to argue against lesser speeding being charged as reckless op. afterall, if 80 over the limit isnt reckless, surely 40 over the limit cant be.

defense lawyer on the news just said if they're not charged with reckless op it gives defense lawyers a great precedent to argue against lesser speeding being charged as reckless op. afterall, if 80 over the limit isnt reckless, surely 40 over the limit cant be.

Indeed. This plea bargain (and there WILL be a plea bargain) will be very interesting.

Has anyone seen the dash cam video? There's a third bike! I told the wife that when we saw it on the evening news, they said nothing of it. We got home a little while ago, and sure enough, the Newark Advocate's website says there was a third! Interesting.....

There's going to be more fallout from this. The officer who turned the mic off and didn't cite for 4 and 8 days?? I think I already mentioned that Highsmith's citation number suggests his citation was written days after the incident - now the news confirms it.

I've heard of Professional Courtesy, but I thought it was more of an "Employee Discount" rather than a "Steal everything in the shop" kind of setup.

In some states they would go to jail for that kind of speed - and the video indicates the freeway was not empty.

This is getting enough press I really wonder if that officer can ever bring himself to write a Reckless Op citation based upon speed alone? "If 3 guys on bikes in heave traffic at nearly 150mph is no, in your judgement, reckless... Then how can my 86mph be?"

I'm as pro-cop as anyone out there (cop family), but this time I think the whole situation is rotten. At that speed they deserved no special treatment. Anyone on here have personal experience of a 100mph+ ticket on an Ohio freeway - for comparison? (Worst I ever got was 81 and that was 12 years ago)

Edited by Scruit

its not unheard of to do that on a sportbike.Most everyone i know has prob done something crazy on their sportbike. It happens,he's a cop he stopped and will pay the price.

Anyone else feel like he's only paying the price after-the-fact because they couldn't sweep it under the rug? :confused:

Wonder who narked...

There's going to be more fallout from this. The officer who turned the mic off and didn't cite for 4 and 8 days?? I think I already mentioned that Highsmith's citation number suggests his citation was written days after the incident - now the news confirms it.

I've heard of Professional Courtesy, but I thought it was more of an "Employee Discount" rather than a "Steal everything in the shop" kind of setup.

In some states they would go to jail for that kind of speed - and the video indicates the freeway was not empty.

This is getting enough press I really wonder if that officer can ever bring himself to write a Reckless Op citation based upon speed alone? "If 3 guys on bikes in heave traffic at nearly 150mph is no, in your judgement, reckless... Then how can my 86mph be?"

I'm as pro-cop as anyone out there (cop family), but this time I think the whole situation is rotten. At that speed they deserved no special treatment. Anyone on here have personal experience of a 100mph+ ticket on an Ohio freeway - for comparison? (Worst I ever got was 81 and that was 12 years ago)

It's not the officer, it's the judge. An officer can write a ticket for whatever, it's up to the judge to determine whether or not it's correct. That's the whole point of contesting tickets. In this instance, a few things can happen:

- Judge finds cop guilty of full infraction, suspends license with full points

- Judge agrees to plea bargain, depending on amount of points and license disposition this will set a precedent that will come up in almost ALL trialed speeding cases

- Judge finds cop not guilty on a technicality, expect that defense to be used on any and all plane-based tickets.

This whole thing makes my head hurt. Balls to the wall, he would write himself that ticket for that. We are not above the law as LEOs. It's a job, not a right.

for what it's worth, i dont think ANYONE expects cops to write themselves tickets everytime they break that law. otherwise they'd lose their license every time they read a billboard on the highway and accidentally went 68 in a 65.:rolleyes:

Anyone else feel like he's only paying the price after-the-fact because they couldn't sweep it under the rug? :confused:

Wonder who narked...

This is what I've been wondering, or more like if this is what's going on here.

Why is the third rider hardly being mentioned? NBC4 has said nothing about the third rider, was he not with these 2?

I know some of you are cops and may take offense but I have seen this stuff all my life in southern ohio. The worst offenders are the cops around here. Local cops are into everything.......... and the state patrols, I've seen them race on the roads, ride ATV's on the highway and arrogantly pull others over for the same stuff. One beat the crap out of a friend of mine (a girl) and it was all brushed under the rug and went away. The mentality that the law applies to everyone but them is rampant. Let alone the fact that US 23 and 52 are patrolled relentlessly south of Chillicothe. Its unusual if I dont see at least 3 state boys on my 20 minute drive to work. Those guys are bumping into each other down here. We have way too many of them. They have gone from public servant to public harassment. I would love to see their funding cut at least in half......... Just my .02

So the Gahanna po-po ( not Highsmith ) had been off for months on workers comp cause he slipped on some ice. He was jiveing around pretty good in the video.

Uh. We Are paying for all that too. BWC said it is investigating.

Sorry if anyone knows him but I think he's an asshat.

So the Gahanna po-po ( not Highsmith ) had been off for months on workers comp cause he slipped on some ice. He was jiveing around pretty good in the video.

Uh. We Are paying for all that too. BWC said it is investigating.

Sorry if anyone knows him but I think he's an asshat.

Yeah. He is going to have to grab his ankles on that. :violin: