both headlights on ??

MidgetTodd

who knows a good mod to get both headlights on on lowbeam on hondas Im tired of this burnt out light look

Thats why I've always been a fan of the "single" light design. :D

Important note....

Both of your "lights" (meaning bulbs) are the same. The difference is in the reflector. So having both lit at the same time is not going to give you two low beams. It will give you a high beam and a low beam.

yea i know thats why im looking for a fix to it instead of just running the brights cuz that looks stupid too with one way brighter than the other

Yah, I suspect at MINIMUM you'll have to change the reflector on your hi beam.

Best solution, replace the reflector, rewire both lights to be on all the time, then re-set the amps (I think?) on the high beam light so when you turn on the highs it runs more current through the bulb. So you'd need a split bulb like the single headlight stuff....

I used terminology I thought is correct, an electrical engineer and/or anyone else with electrical knowledge can correct me... please.

Yah, I suspect at MINIMUM you'll have to change the reflector on your hi beam.

Best solution, replace the reflector, rewire both lights to be on all the time, then re-set the amps (I think?) on the high beam light so when you turn on the highs it runs more current through the bulb. So you'd need a split bulb like the single headlight stuff....

I used terminology I thought is correct, an electrical engineer and/or anyone else with electrical knowledge can correct me... please.

thats about exactly what im looking for but cant seem to find the parts

thats about exactly what im looking for but cant seem to find the parts

So I'd start with ReconRat's posts, but also...

could you just try the reflector from the lo beam, then if it works just go buy another busted headlight for the reflector.

Then, find a bulb with the same connectors as yours and the same LOW amps.

splice the HI wires out so there's 4 instead of 2, run 2 of them in parallel with the LO beams, then run the other 2 to the HI beam.... I wonder if you could just wire a small transistor for the 2 that go into the HI beam.

all in all.... is this something you're willing to do, cuz it doesn't seem like there is a plug and play kit....

edit: haha, I just described this thread it seems http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=63693 ... looks like that's what the guy did

Edited by Likwid

thanks recon but ive found all those and a ton more everybodys got way to make both light up but it still just looks wrong because the reflector is different on the high side even with a low beam light there it still isnt right sombodys gotta have an aftermarket reflector for that side dont they ???????

So I'd start with ReconRat's posts, but also...

could you just try the reflector from the lo beam, then if it works just go buy another busted headlight for the reflector.

I wish . tried that last night tore it all down theres no way to interchage them that i can see

you would have to put different bulbs in it as the one in them now only have one coil in them. there is no real high and low beam bulb just one has a reflector in it. This would involve a rewire and I am not sure if there are bulbs that would just fit into the headlight without moding it.

ya i know im picky i just hate having to pick between the burnt out light look or one way brighter than the other look ....... i want them both the same

or.. run without lights

or better yet do angel eyes/halos.... I fucking love that look.... I thought about adding 2 running lights JUST to do halos