Leaking fork.

Dweezel

Okay, I brought the front end up and set it down a WEEE bit too fast the other day...

Now I've got a fork thats leaking.

Is it still cool to drive. Obviously I won't be out tearing up the corners but I'd like to take the bike down Sunday to the MN'G.

Secondly, Where is a good place to get springs and valves, I'm not looking to get the best of the best of the best, Just something better, I'm not gonna go through the trouble to tear down the forks and put them back together stock. If I'm in there I'm doing springs and valves, I'm 255 in street clothes, bikes setup for someone whos 150. That's not me...

Last but certainly not least, I've gotta take the forks out correct? this isn't something that can be done with the forks in the tree still?

Thanks

Dweezel

/facepalm

Didn't you know you're not supposed to do ANYTHING on a 'busa except go in a straight line? Gosh.

*Side note: I have nothing of value to add... I've never rebuilt forks or replaced seals. I'd probably send them out to one of the characters on here that the race guys recommend for a full and proper rebuild.

On the Busa, there is no way around taking the forks out to do a rebuild. Just not possible. Go to hayabusa.org and find GIXERHP. He can answer any questions that you might have. Guy is a genius.

Don't know about rice rockets but a lot of times on offroad bikes you can run a piece of film or other non abrasive materail inside the seal to get debris out that is causing the leak. Half the time the fork seal is okay, it is just debris traped under it that allows fluid to sneak past. Seems worth a try if you can get at the fork seal.

Don't know about rice rockets but a lot of times on offroad bikes you can run a piece of film or other non abrasive materail inside the seal to get debris out that is causing the leak. Half the time the fork seal is okay, it is just debris traped under it that allows fluid to sneak past. Seems worth a try if you can get at the fork seal.

:plus1:

they have these little plastic wand things at the pony that you slip past the seal. they are like $0.99 so that could be a cheap fix if that does the job.

first it is "ok" to ride it,but your big fear is the oil getting on you rotors or calipers. If u want just the seals re-done it should be fairly cheap. If you want to upgrade them to ur weight it will be springs and valves and that runs near $400. I will be the best $400 u ever spend! U could also try to buy another set of forks that have already been re-done from someone so u can do a direct swap. U deff have to remove the forks from the bike to make it happen.

i took my forks down to twisted cycle. (740)295-0105 and talk to mark. He rebuilt both my forks and put new fork seals in for $130.

its located 21587 state rt 16 coshocton ohio 43812.

He does a really nice job

do they do complete suspension setup there ? was wanting to take my bike somewhere to get it setup right for my weight and riding style .... thought they only worrked on choppers , what all did you have done to yours ?

do they do complete suspension setup there ? was wanting to take my bike somewhere to get it setup right for my weight and riding style .... thought they only worrked on choppers , what all did you have done to yours ?

i blew a fork seal, they replaced both of them, and as far a a susp. setup you will have to ask them, im sure they can do it no problem

• 2 weeks later...
i took my forks down to twisted cycle. (740)295-0105 and talk to mark. He rebuilt both my forks and put new fork seals in for $130.

its located 21587 state rt 16 coshocton ohio 43812.

He does a really nice job

Thanks, phone call is commencing.