Wish me luck

Lunatik3

I just took mine today! The only way you know you failed is if the officer ends the test! I didn't fail mine. I missed the third cone... Don't swing your bike very wide during the cones..some advice :) The cop I had was a total ass! I wonder if they are all like that. Instead of trying to be nice at all....he was just very serious and cranky. Anyone else have that experience?

GOOD LUCK!

Edited by ScrappyGrl

Good luck brother, ride safe and you'll do fine.

Remember there's a maximum points deducted on the figure 8, so don't stress out and drop it (instant fail) just put your feet down and walk it if you have to.

Good call. Much better to go outside the box or put a foot down than to dump the bike.

When I took mine last year, they deducted points because he said I wasn't looking ahead far enough. Not sure how they judge that, but don't forget to scan far enough ahead while doing the maneuverability.

Good luck man, I have to take mine soon, legal and all.

Does anyone know what the test involves? Like to set something up in a parking lot for a bit of practice. Have the video ride like a pro 5 and have been working on the drills, very helpful. If you have a diagram that would be great, I'm not a rocket scientist you know.

Hijack over...

Good luck, let us know how you fared

I just took mine today! The only way you know you failed is if the officer ends the test! I didn't fail mine. I missed the third cone... Don't swing your bike very wide during the cones..some advice :) The cop I had was a total ass! I wonder if they are all like that. Instead of trying to be nice at all....he was just very serious and cranky. Anyone else have that experience?

GOOD LUCK!

I was lucky, got a female examiner.... I ended up walking down to the exam area arm in arm with her as she told me what a nice young boy I was. Test was easy too... :) I nicked a cone on the slalom with my rear tire, otherwise I didn't loose any points.

I also took mine at near freezing temps and the other two bikers taking it at the same time trailered their bikes in, so I think I got bonus points on that too since she was nicer to me and let me go ahead of them even though they were scheduled first!!

Yeah...

So...

Dumped it.

They were getting on everyone about not going fast enough. To the point they were judging speed with stopwatches. So I goosed it to start for the swerve and by doing so got too much speed. Went to swerve and when I did accidentally grabbed my brake and dumped. Worst thing, my girl was there to watch so she saw me spill. The testers didnt even react until I had gotten up and walked over and picked up my bike. No "You OK?" Nothing. They need people who actually ride not just know what's on the test. Other than that I aced it. Oh well, I bought that cheap bike for a reason.

Edited by Lunatik3

Yeah...

So...

Dumped it.

They were getting on everyone abu ot going fast enough. To the pointthey were judging speed with stopwatches. So I goosed it to start for the swerve and by doing so got too much speed. Went to swerve and when I did accidentally grabbed my brake and dumped. Worst thing, my girl was there to watch so she saw me spill. The testers didnt even react until I had gotten up and walked over and picked up my bike. No "You OK?" Nothing. They need people who actually ride not just know what's on the test. Other than that I aced it. Oh well, I bought that cheap bike for a reason.

Bummer.

Hopefully nothing serious to you or the bike. At least next time you take it, you won't be nervous, it would be hard to have anything worse happen. :D

Try to get in an MSF course, you take your test at the end, and they actually help you through it, and if you fail one part, you get to take it again once right then and there( I think).

yeah its to get your endorsement. Can retest in 1 week. Just kicking myself cuz I've done the swerve 100 times perfect. I practice every day on the way home from work at the BMV on Broad/70

There are 4 parts to the test

1. 90 Degree turn to a stop, No speed req.

Accelerate slow, make 90deg turn and then another to finally stop with front tire in a box approx 4x3:)

2. Cones, 5 cones, No speed req

Maneuver through staggered/slalom type setup then wide turn to a U-turn with 2 different sizes of turn area (over/under 500cc):)

3. Quick stop, 12-20mph

Accelerate to 12-20 and maintain speed until front tire reaches marked line. Then make a quick but safe stop.:o

4. Swerve, 12-20mph

Same basic course as the quick stop but instead of a stop, at marked line swerve right to avoid imaginary "obstacle":eek: and continue on.

(Where I blew it)

Up until #4 I had it aced 100%

Then I go and look like a total smear as I lay and roll. Oh well, I'm ok. Bike is good (save some loose plastic) and I'll go back next week and try again.

Well, off to fix the plastic.

:violin:

My problem is the 2nd part (weave). That is where I failed the two times I've taken it. This time they gave me the measurements to the course so I could practice without driving all the way to a BMV with a test area.