Fun in Vinton County

buildit

It's easy to go faster on the downhills, just not so easy to stop on that slick mud. :lol:

Not to mention I had no rear break for the last half of that ride. This kind of broke.

RearBreakPerch.jpg

• 1 month later...

Most the trails in that area are unimproved roads and are connected by real roads. So unplated bike usually don't get out there unless you live nearby. On the plus side it also keeps the unwanted quads off the trails as they can't ride between the trail heads either. :)

:lol: How far North are you? I could try to talk Meefzah into a mid week tour of the Mohawk Dam Area. He knows some great trails around there but works on the weekends. Other than that I know Swingset wants to explore the Coshocton / Zanesville area for some good trails. Lots of possibilities out that way. As of today I'm looking at trying to repair my Altima (just died today) and a van that needs transmition work. So I'm blowing through $$$ real fast all of a sudden.:rolleyes: Dam I need to get employed soon!:eek:

Looks like lot of fun, but Tar Hollow is in Ross Co.

I'm not gonna split hairs over what county it is since you wander back and forth between Ross and Vinton too many times to count going down 327. :rolleyes:

True, I guess. 327 is a blast on any bike.

Parts of it. But I don't go there for the paved roads. :D Although park rd 3 and 4 are some very scenic roads. Not recommending speeding through the park as it's only a little over a lane and a half but still makes for a great cool down ride after running the trails.;)

I used to ride my dads '74 360 enduro on the park roads when I was 12 and we were camping there. I rode all over that park without stopping (it was a heavy bike and although I could touch the ground on one side, I wasnt big enough to hold it up) Good times.