Anyone NOT going to Mid-Ohio this weekend?

don_zielke

Gang, something has come up that requires my attention tomorrow morning, so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a delayed start ride instead - starting at 1:00 PM instead of 9:00 AM?

I posted the route, so if you want to just go at the previous time that's fine too, I just can't leave until 1:00... I'll be Starbuck's at 1:00 if anyone wants to go.

I'm still on the fence. I'll be out of town for VMD, so not sure I want to be gone all day at M-O. Also not liking the way DMG runs the show. Someone's gonna get killed with that stupid pace car.

Was thinking about just going for a ride Saturday morning instead. If you're not going to the races, let me know if you'd like to go.

Edited by don_zielke
need to leave later

I have freakin drill which always seems to fall on weekends that have the coolest shit going on. Ill bet money that the year or century the browns win the super bowl I will be camping in the woods some where for the Army

I have freakin drill which always seems to fall on weekends that have the coolest shit going on. Ill bet money that the year or century the browns win the super bowl I will be camping in the woods some where for the Army

You don't have to worry about the Browns winning anything. Browns fans will never learn... ;)

Anyway, I'm down for a Saturday ride!

JRMMiii, why dont you come with us on Friday for some cabrewing? or Kaybrewing? or whatevering. :cheers:

I'm still on the fence. I'll be out of town for VMD, so not sure I want to be gone all day at M-O. Also not liking the way DMG runs the show. Someone's gonna get killed with that stupid pace car.

Was thinking about just going for a ride Saturday morning instead. If you're not going to the races, let me know if you'd like to go.

im home ,whats the plan

You don't have to worry about the Browns winning anything. Browns fans will never learn... ;)

Anyway, I'm down for a Saturday ride!

JRMMiii, why dont you come with us on Friday for some cabrewing? or Kaybrewing? or whatevering. :cheers:

Per the link Yota posted? I'm pretty sure I have to be here at least 1/2 day on Friday... and I'd have to coordinate with the other people I'd be bringing.

But, the offer is appreciated. :) You guys have fun.

Saturday though... maybe the poker run and bike stuff in Mansfield, yes?

Cool, a few are interested.

I have a route that goes from Reynoldsburg, up & over Newark, down to Logan, and back. Runs around 150 or so miles, twisties most of the way. I've run it many times, lots of scenery and lots of fun even at a "moderate" pace.

Gotta have my morning coffee, so how about we meet at Starbucks for a coffee at 9:00 AM or so to review the route and kickstands up by 9:30 AM?

Starbucks is located at:

East Broad & Waggoner

8070 E Broad Street

Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068

Link to Map

I have a route that goes from Reynoldsburg, up & over Newark, down to Logan, and back. Runs around 150 or so miles, twisties most of the way. I've run it many times, lots of scenery and lots of fun even at a "moderate" pace.

Gotta have my morning coffee, so how about we meet at Starbucks for a coffee at 9:00 AM or so to review the route and kickstands up by 9:30 AM?

Starbucks is located at:

East Broad & Waggoner

8070 E Broad Street

Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068

Link to Map

ok,if something change post thread

Starbucks is located at:

East Broad & Waggoner

8070 E Broad Street

Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068

Link to Map

I might join you.

Well here's my planned route. I tried mapping this on Google Maps but got extremely frustrated and gave up. The mileage is around 150 miles, and roughly 4.5 to 6 hours depending how long the breaks are.

1. Start: Starbucks 8100 E. Broad St, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068 (Bing Maps says 8070, Google Maps says 8100... the one in front of Target next to the Chinese restaraunt)

2. East on Broad Street

3. Turn LEFT on S.R. 310.

4. Turn RIGHT on Hollow Road.

5. LEFT on York Road.

6. RIGHT on 161.

7. LEFT at Granville exit for S.R. 661

8. Follow through Granville. Turn RIGHT on to Main St, and then LEFT following signs to S.R. 661.

9. Follow 661 and turn RIGHT on Dry Creek Road.

- Turn Right on 13, there's a BP gas station a mile or two down the road, good place for a quick gas/wiz/drink/smoke break.

10. Turn LEFT on S.R. 13.

11. Turn RIGHT on Snyder Road.

12. At stop sign, turn RIGHT on Donn Road.

13. At stop sign, turn LEFT on Horns Hill Road.

14. At stop sign, turn RIGHT on Loches Road.

16. At stop sign, turn RIGHT on Purity Road

17. Turn LEFT on 79

18. Turn RIGHT on Hickman Road.

19. When you get to Hanover, look for signs for S.R. 668, turn RIGHT. (Also labeled Brownsville Road)

20. Follow 668 through Somerset (optional gas/food/drink/ice cream stop first entering town) and Junction City until 668 ends at S.R. 93.

21. Turn RIGHT on S.R. 93 and follow into Logan.

- Logan is another good place for another quick gas/wiz/drink/smoke break.

22. At this point you stay on the main road through Logan. When you get to S.R. 664, you can either go LEFT and down into Hocking Hills region, or turn RIGHT and go north towards home.

a. South: Take 664 south. Turn LEFT on S.R. 56. This stretch is a blast but you will need to pay attention. When you get to 374 again, turn LEFT. Follow back up to 664 and turn RIGHT (North), then LEFT on Big Pine Road (this is a DO NOT MISS road!). This dumps out on 374 again, turn right and follow 374 clear to S.R. 33. Turn right on 33 and then get off at 664. Do it all again or try something new.

b. North: Take 664 north. My all-time favorite stretch of road, at least until you hit Rushville - then it's all over. 664 ends at 256, which you can take back into Pickerington or take any of the roads that intersect with 256 north to 70.

poker run sounds fun.....too many choices....

Moose you wanna ride in this mohican poker run??? I'm considering it also, we can ride up there together. What you think? It sounds like a nicer run then the hogsfordogs run in Columbus.

Moose you wanna ride in this mohican poker run??? I'm considering it also' date=' we can ride up there together. What you think? It sounds like a nicer run then the hogsfordogs run in Columbus.[/quote']

If you guys do you can ride with JRM and me :)

hey guys if you dont mind... BIG PINE ROAD 5.1 miles into it is my aunts horse ranch DO NOT go flying through there you spook the horses and its not good for them, with customers on it, so far my aunt has been great about us cruising through there but her hospitality wont last long if the horse keep getting spooked.. and she will start having the park rangers patrol it

Edited by TwiztedRabbit