no more chicken strips : )

omgshesaboy

Looks good! I'm jealous, I wish I had higher footpegs on my bike...as it stands now I drag toe before anything else and I can't get that last little bit of chicken strip to wear down :( Though my Sidi toe sliders are certainly doing a good job :p

Looks good! I'm jealous, I wish I had higher footpegs on my bike...as it stands now I drag toe before anything else and I can't get that last little bit of chicken strip to wear down :( Though my Sidi toe sliders are certainly doing a good job :p

Hopefully you're using the ball of your feet and not doin the heel on the peg trick :D

You need to work on your body position. Try hangin off the bike more and keep on the balls of your feet behind your toes.

+1. lack of chicken strips in no way proves a rider has skill, and depending on the tire being used can make a huge difference on how hard it is to scrub in completely. i know my corsa 3's are a bitch to scrub since they are more convex than some other tires. hanging off the bike leaves more room on the tire as well, so dont judge a rider by his strips!

Edited by mrmako777

+1. lack of chicken strips in no way proves a rider has skill, and depending on the tire being used can make a huge difference on how hard it is to scrub in completely. i know my corsa 3's are a bitch to scrub since they are more convex than some other tires. hanging off the bike leaves more room on the tire as well, so dont judge a rider by his strips!

Keep telling yourself that Matt......LOL!

When I did my track school our instructor did a lap with his assistant, both on pretty fresh tires, both had strips intact. When they got done, the instructor had done a faster lap and his chicken strips were still there...assistant's were gone.

His lesson was that if you're riding aggressively and consistently put yourself all the way to the limits of the tire, you've failed at something....either line, position, speed, and you have nowhere else to go.

The bike shouldn't be doing all the work so that you're at the end of your tire. If it is, change something.

The lack of chicken strips, as a measure of skill, is kind of meaningless.

When I did my track school our instructor did a lap with his assistant, both on pretty fresh tires, both had strips intact. When they got done, the instructor had done a faster lap and his chicken strips were still there...assistant's were gone.

His lesson was that if you're riding aggressively and consistently put yourself all the way to the limits of the tire, you've failed at something....either line, position, speed, and you have nowhere else to go.

The bike shouldn't be doing all the work so that you're at the end of your tire. If it is, change something.

DID YOU HEAR THAT LUKE? hmmmmmm...

He is right that you shouldn't need to push the tires to the limit but that doesn't mean that you can't push them to have fun. I like taking my bike to the limit sometimes. It's more risk but then who of us doesn't go out riding knowing the risks that we are taking...

He is right that you shouldn't need to push the tires to the limit but that doesn't mean that you can't push them to have fun. I like taking my bike to the limit sometimes. It's more risk but then who of us doesn't go out riding knowing the risks that we are taking...

the point is bro, that you can go the same speed using less tire. we all take risk yes, but pushing the tire to the limit leaves no room for error, and is unwise. hanging off the bike allows you to go faster, while taking less risk (at least as it applies to the street). ive never seen any pros ride stuck on the seat. that should tell you something :cheers: