Bmw s1000rr

balaormiga

Guys,

Anyone seen this bike? I just downloaded a pre-registration form and plan on checking the bike out soon. They are supposed to be at Mid-Ohio this weekend and during Trackday on the 27th.

Super Streetbike had a short write-up. It seems to be really high tech - 193 claimed H.P, ABS ( 5 lbs vs Hondas 25 lbs) , etc.

Comments?

Ya know, as fugly as the front end is, it's growing on me. Plus the specs are astronomical!!!

-1000 cc

-193HP @ 13,000 rpm

-112 Nm @ 9,750 rpm

-13.0:1 Compression

-Wet clutch with anti-hop, cable operated

-4 mode traction control, 4 mode ABS

Road ready, fully fueled - 455 lbs!

We saw one lap the course at the NW200 in Ireland in May. Naturally, I didn't geta pic of it. Looked pretty cool and didn't sound any different than a Japanese four.

Friend of mine bought 2 of them. He's going to race them and has one as a back up bike. He paid "$1,000 more than the R1" per bike. Dunno how much that is though.

As soon as he gets then, I'll have one in my garage for a couple of weeks to make all of the frame sliders, rearsets, etc for it. I'm still not sure when that'll be though.

^^^ Oooh, when that happens we expect a full write-up

Edit: Woot post 2,000!!!:sSp_bdayparty:

I'll snap a few pics of it for sure. Doubt I'll ride it though - I don't want to decide that "I have to have one".

We saw one lap the course at the NW200 in Ireland in May. Naturally, I didn't geta pic of it. Looked pretty cool and didn't sound any different than a Japanese four.

Friend of mine bought 2 of them. He's going to race them and has one as a back up bike. He paid "$1,000 more than the R1" per bike. Dunno how much that is though.

As soon as he gets then, I'll have one in my garage for a couple of weeks to make all of the frame sliders, rearsets, etc for it. I'm still not sure when that'll be though.

I bought 4 of them. I'm going to crash them and have three for back ups.