Pimp My Route: Road suggestions?

Harb67

I have a route I've been riding for a while now that I really enjoy, but I really want to tweak it a bit to make it more fun.

As it stands now, it starts in Columbus, takes 33 to Logan, then heads south on 93 and eventually snakes back up to McConnelsville. It's pretty fun and challenging enough for me, but from McConnelsville on it's pretty boring.

Can anyone suggest a better route from Mcconnelsville to Zanesville than just hopping on 60 and following it the whole way? It's a nice scenic road for sure, but it's really boring relative to the rest of the route. I don't know the area well enough to look at Google Earth and pick a road and try it, chances are it'll be a gravel farm road. I checked the ever-popular motorcycleroads.us, but there wasn't anything useful for this situation there.

Ideas? Thanks!

Cross over from McConnelsville to Malta staying on OH-78, then take a left onto 377 and ride that all the way to Chesterhill, take a right onto OH-555 and ride that north back up to Zanesville. A bit out of the way, but very entertaining.

Alternatively, taking 669 from Malta to Eagleport is different too, and gets nice and twisty from Eagleport to the intersection with OH-555. Take a right on 555 and up to Zanesville.

You can also take 376 out of McConnelsville and kind of parallel OH-60 but 376 is twistier. It joins back up with OH-60 about 2/3 of the way back to Zanesville. I've only been on 376 once though, and it was a few years ago: not sure what condition it is in right now.

Edited by bambam
Added 376

Thanks for the suggestions bambam :) I'll look over those in google earth and add em to my route. The other parts of this route are easily my favorite route to ride and I'm out there all the time, but the final bit that takes 60 to Zanesville and then 70 west home to Columbus always made it feel like it sort of fizzled out. This should make it more interesting :D