Jacket sizing question...

Likwid

I just recently got measured for a tux and they wrote down 52" for chest... I'm looking at the sizing chart from CompAcc (http://www.compacc.com/service/chart.cfm)

I wear an XL shirt, sometimes 2X if the brand runs small... but it says FieldSheer I need a 5X.... is this legit? Does FS really run THAT small?

What size should I be looking for? I have a leather jacket (non riding) I love that's an XL, so I is a bit confuzzled.

Thanks

tux (or suit) sizing usually adds about 4" (or a fist) to your actual chest measurement to allow for the buttons + shoulders. you're probably a 46-48" chest size so I'm guessing 2xl for fieldsheer :dunno:

:plus1: A 5X has to be huge, I can't imagine them running that small.

:plus1: A 5X has to be huge, I can't imagine them running that small.

I was started to think maybe they were supposed to be sized to fit over another coat or something lol

I gotta go try on some brands, I'm thinking I need to make a trip down to IronPony or something, seems like the only place in Ohio with a selection.

It's too bad you don't have a huge motorcycle superstore up there because it really helps to try these things on. Buying online is great until you have to exchange or return something. I would say hold off until you're down here next time and hit IP. Or, find someone on the forum that's your exact size down here in Cols.

It's too bad you don't have a huge motorcycle superstore up there because it really helps to try these things on. Buying online is great until you have to exchange or return something. I would say hold off until you're down here next time and hit IP. Or, find someone on the forum that's your exact size down here in Cols.

Yah, not sure I'm going to find anyone.

I figure I'll take a trip down to CBus sometime in the near future... maybe near the end of the season they'll have some killer deals.

That's prolly best. Thing is, if it's a great jacket, sizes may run low and the larger ones are first to go. I found my A Stars TZ-1 at IP, found my right size and ordered it from Revzilla for $199 shipped. Everyone else was $289, and that was discounted. Soon after, no one had any of the bigger sizes. The good stuff goes fast.

tux (or suit) sizing usually adds about 4" (or a fist) to your actual chest measurement to allow for the buttons + shoulders. you're probably a 46-48" chest size so I'm guessing 2xl for fieldsheer :dunno:

Spot on man, just measured with my wife's tailor's tape... 48"

That's prolly best. Thing is, if it's a great jacket, sizes may run low and the larger ones are first to go. I found my A Stars TZ-1 at IP, found my right size and ordered it from Revzilla for $199 shipped. Everyone else was $289, and that was discounted. Soon after, no one had any of the bigger sizes. The good stuff goes fast.

thanks hue, I'll probably try on some stuff sooner rather than later then just watch out for a deal. Like I said, i've got a good leather jacket, it's just not for riding so it doesn't fit right in the riding position.

Thanks all!

• 1 month later...

Bumping way old topic, but I finally found a jacket. Went to CycleLeather and got a "generic" branded jacket (Bullet Brand Cycle Apparel) in size 50/XL

Fits really well, but I realized after riding with it a bit, the vented leather jacket actually felt cooler temperature than without... maybe because the air was actually being pushed through me rather than hitting my chest and then bouncing off... or I could just be imagining things.

Either way, kevlar reinforced shoulder and elbows, not quite CE armor but I like it!

Bumping way old topic, but I finally found a jacket. Went to CycleLeather and got a "generic" branded jacket (Bullet Brand Cycle Apparel) in size 50/XL

Fits really well, but I realized after riding with it a bit, the vented leather jacket actually felt cooler temperature than without... maybe because the air was actually being pushed through me rather than hitting my chest and then bouncing off... or I could just be imagining things.

Either way, kevlar reinforced shoulder and elbows, not quite CE armor but I like it!

You have a pic, or...a stock pic of this jacket? I need to get a good one.

1 correction, this was the one that ran a little small, I got a 2X

Here's the stock picture from CycleLeather, you can't buy online from them, and since "Bullet Brand" is pretty generic, you'd want to go try some stuff on.

mpremtwinreflscootfront.JPG

Have i gone bwiiiiiiiind!? No..................no!!!

I see nuffin. :( FIX IT!!!

Have i gone bwiiiiiiiind!? No..................no!!!

I see nuffin. :( FIX IT!!!

fix it... fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it.

Go to cycleleather.com, men's jackets, and I believe it's the "performance dual stripe scooter" or something like that.

169.99... the shop is really cool, but noone was there