yup yup. Im on owner.

OhioMarine

One more I'll add on there: Get a battery tender. Unless you happen to enjoy spending almost $150 on a new battery, this will make sure that the batt doesn't discharge if you go out of town or happen to not ride for a while. Moto batteries lose about 15% of their capacity every time they get deeply discharged. If you don't have easy access to power (parking in a public lot or whatever), be prepared to drag the battery in if necessary. This isn't a OMGRIGHTNOW deal, but it will pay for itself in the medium to long term.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrench??? I know of no special bleeder wrench. Please share this mysterious information. Most are six mil nipples that you use an eight mil wrench on.

Behold:

25317.jpg

Closed ends so it's harder to slip on, and long enough to torque out any stuck nipple screws. You do have to be careful not to over-torque the nipple screw when you are done, I had a nasty habit of just torquing the shit out of everything.

One more I'll add on there: Get a battery tender. Unless you happen to enjoy spending almost $150 on a new battery,

Holy Crap...... Are you buying solid gold semi truck batteries or what?!?

Aw man, their tiny..

The small imbedded photos get bigger when you click on them or hover over them with the cursor.

edit: ok, skip the hover part...

the small ones get bigger when you click on them...

That's what she said...

Edited by ReconRat
no hover

long enough to torque out any stuck nipple screws... You do have to be careful not to over-torque the nipple screw when you are done, I had a nasty habit of just torquing the shit out of everything.

Sounds kinky.

no she isn't

its a trap!

oh yeah, who is owner and can I get on him too?

Fixed.

One more I'll add on there: Get a battery tender. Unless you happen to enjoy spending almost $150 on a new battery, this will make sure that the batt doesn't discharge if you go out of town or happen to not ride for a while. Moto batteries lose about 15% of their capacity every time they get deeply discharged. If you don't have easy access to power (parking in a public lot or whatever), be prepared to drag the battery in if necessary. This isn't a OMGRIGHTNOW deal, but it will pay for itself in the medium to long term.

I dislike battery tenders...they mask battery problems...

if I go out to my bike, and it doesn't have enough juice to fire up, I'd rather know about it while it's in my own garage than out at an event somewhere.

and I dunno where you buy your batteries, but mine haven't ever cost more than $60, even for the big cb750 batteries.

I dislike battery tenders...they mask battery problems...

if I go out to my bike, and it doesn't have enough juice to fire up, I'd rather know about it while it's in my own garage than out at an event somewhere.

and I dunno where you buy your batteries, but mine haven't ever cost more than $60, even for the big cb750 batteries.

Then you are buying the regular sealed lead acid batts. I just picked one of those up for the 600RR, and I don't think I'll be going back to Yuasa's AGM batteries anytime soon. For the price of one Yuasa @ $150, I could buy 3 sealed lead acids. As long as you keep it on a tender, the SLA batts should last just as long. And even if they don't, I can buy a replacement and still save money.

Why waste money replacing a battery on a bike if all it needs is a charge?? You are why we have such a problem in the country, you think every thing is disposable. If you take the time to maintain what you have and take care of it you will create a lot less problems and spend a lot less money.

Why waste money replacing a battery on a bike if all it needs is a charge?? You are why we have such a problem in the country, you think every thing is disposable. If you take the time to maintain what you have and take care of it you will create a lot less problems and spend a lot less money.

if the battery is getting weaker, it either means your charging system is failing, or the battery is losing capacity...

if you have a weak battery, the tender "masks" it...then when you dont have the tender (riding out to an event or something) the problem pokes it's ugly head up.

that's all i'm saying..if it can be charged, and it's fine then so be it, but if it's toast, and I can't tell because it's been on a tender.. i'm going to be pissed when i try to start it later without the tender.