Northeast group ride 400 mile loop 08-02-09

Uncle Punk

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a great time guys, and be safe.

I was hoping to be able to make this, but unfortunately had some family issues come up.

Properly setup suspension = win.

I just go out and tinker with it for awhile. It's not as good as a proper setup (Racetech, etc), but it's a right sight better than out of the box (the S3 was especially bad stock), and it's not too hard once you try it a few times.

99% will be wearing proper gear, maybe 100% but that's up to him. Fast is a relative thing some may find the pace too slow and some too fast. Come out and ride with us and if it's too slow the route is simple enough that anyone can lead just wait for the group at the intersections and turn offs.

I wont ride with anybody not wearing a helmet....its just fn dumb!!! I raced in the mountains IN cali for years and everyone not wearing a helmet died that crashed...

pssssh who needs a helmet. I usually just strap mine to the side of my bike

Glad to have you along Tony. It might rain on us sometime tomorrow. I will still be going expecting it not to be raining all over the state. I understand others not wanting to though.

Pat, you got them forks done yet or are you riding the Duc

Udell, I know you have your tire replaced and your fancy GPS all mounted no excuses. Is your GPS a Garmin? Can you download maps to it? I can send you the mapsource file of the route.

Justin, am I calling you early in the morning to make sure you get up in time?

Our first gas stop will be at the Speedway in Millersburg to pick up Big Speazy.

The baby doesn't wear a helmet but it does wear eye protection. I think I can put a helmet on both sides of the bike. Riding by myself would that make me extra cool?

^ What he said. UP is the man.

Yes....got the GPS mounted. I need to throw some tunes on there. Gonna road test it in a few minutes.

I got front and rear done...bran new tires. Gonna try and put about 100 more miles on them tonight before the ride tomorrow.

Oh yeah..it's a Garmin, but I don't know if I can handle mapsource files. I've barely used the thing. I'll PM my email address...send the file over and I'll do some research.

Good Call...

I met Tod and one his friend at the Circle K.

We left around 9 am under gloomy sky and some what dry pavement.

Pretty good condition up until we got to Lodi.......than south of that ....the sky opened up and I go water all the way in the crack of my ass.....

After we got to Millersburg in a heavy downpour I decided to turn around...my testicles were getting too wet!

Amazingly Todd and his partner kept going (they had rain gear.....wonder why ...) to meet the other rider somewhere in Millersburg.

By the way Todd did you get to meet the other guy ? did you keep riding in the rain or turned back also ? did the weather got better south ?

Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate , maybe we can do this run some other time...looks like a real fun ride.

If anyone is going to QS&L this week let me know...I might tag along...

Later...

Edited by Doomking

We got in a lil' group ride of our own consisting of a couple KTM Nine-Fiddys and a couple H-D's. Left Grafton at noon and headed South on 301 and made our way down to Loudenville. From there we cut across 39 to Millersburg where we had a decent lunch at a Mexican joint. We then worked our way back North and got home at 4:00. Not quite the addrennelin rush of a UnclePunk ride, But we stayed dry and had a good time.