Heath Traffic Cameras

Cdubyah

That's true, when I HAD to go through there I would go slow. However there was no evidence to support that it reduced the # of accidents, except in light of the reduced traffic in the area. Also since there was no due process it just reeked of exploitation. Want to fight it? Take it up with Redflex, not a court. Want to appeal? Too bad.

At the same time, if you don't pay it who comes after you? A collection agency, not the police with a warrant. I say it wasn't a REAL TICKET in the first place, since it didn't go through the courts. It was more like a "Bill" for using their speed trap!

Be sure to do some research on the legality of these "tickets"...

Some are no more than a bluff just to make you think you need to pay. This site is kind of 'fruity' but it's the first thing that google popped up when I put in 'legality of traffic camera tickets'

http://www.highwayrobbery.net/

Did any of you folks read the bill and the lawsuit against redflex? They did nothing less than extort money and violate civil rights. They made people pay a $95 OR pay a $95 to have a case "heard" by THEIR company... ie you give up your right to a hearing...

I can't believe this shit happens! Well I can but I'm disgusted.

I think theres going to be very heavy enforcement there for a while to "prove a point"

and that suck for you TA cuz you gotta go thru there everyday for work

Pair that with the radio spot with the Chief of Police endorsing the cameras (at the behest of RedFlex most likely) and saying the wording of the issue, if passed, could prohibit use of even hand held radar guns. Yeah . . . right.

Anyway, just my .02 cents cuz it irked me