Lance (Wheezle, Ol' Springer, etc) was hit by a car on his bike

Casper

Hi! Artmageddon here, at Lance's. He can't type yet, hands are a little messed up. He'll post on his own as soon as he can. He can't text either, so those of you that are waiting for replies, don't expect one too soon.

He is home, doing well, beat up and in pain, but in good spirits and sends thanks to everyone wishing him well.

Saw the bike, pretty fucked. I have pictures of the bike and the injuries, I'll post when I get home tonight.

If anyone wants to stop by and say hey to Lance, give him a call, he said talking takes his mind off the pain.

Later.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys its me! I want to say thank you for all the prayers and the visitors! I am alright for the most part, still in a lot of pain that wont go away. The injuries are multiple broken bones in the left wrist as well as dislocated, and a ton of road rash on my right arm from the elbow down as well as some on my right leg. I can say that the bike is totaled, I have not decided what i will do with the bike as of yet. Art took a lot of pics of the bike and my injuries so hopefully you can see what happened.

I was broadsided from the right side as a guy tried to change 3 lanes w/o looking to see if it was clear. The bad part is I saw it coming and couldn't do anything about it. I was going about 40 mph when he hit me and slid about 40 feet. I am done riding for the year as I cant grip the bars or hold pressure on anything with my hands. I hope to still be at events that are yet to come, but I am wheeless right now so we will see what happens over the next week or so. I will ride again, but it will be next year before I do. PLEASE EVERYONE WEAR YOUR GEAR! I wasn't and got very lucky. I dont wish these injuries on anyone and its no fun being in pain, so PLEASE learn from my accident AND wear your gear!

Lance/Wheezle

Hey guys its me! I want to say thank you for all the prayers and the visitors! I am alright for the most part, still in a lot of pain that wont go away. The injuries are multiple broken bones in the left wrist as well as dislocated, and a ton of road rash on my right arm from the elbow down as well as some on my right leg. I can say that the bike is totaled, I have not decided what i will do with the bike as of yet. Art took a lot of pics of the bike and my injuries so hopefully you can see what happened.

I was broadsided from the right side as a guy tried to change 3 lanes w/o looking to see if it was clear. The bad part is I saw it coming and couldn't do anything about it. I was going about 40 mph when he hit me and slid about 40 feet. I am done riding for the year as I cant grip the bars or hold pressure on anything with my hands. I hope to still be at events that are yet to come, but I am wheeless right now so we will see what happens over the next week or so. I will ride again, but it will be next year before I do. PLEASE EVERYONE WEAR YOUR GEAR! I wasn't and got very lucky. I dont wish these injuries on anyone and its no fun being in pain, so PLEASE learn from my accident AND wear your gear!

Lance/Wheezle

I'm glad you're alive! I'll take scrap and fix as much as possible on your bike if you'd like

I will ride again, but it will be next year before I do. PLEASE EVERYONE WEAR YOUR GEAR! I wasn't and got very lucky.

I dont wish these injuries on anyone and its no fun being in pain, so PLEASE learn from my accident AND wear your gear!

Lance/Wheezle

Melissa and I are so glad you're okay! We would have come to see you in the hospital but we're out of town right now!

Glad you came out of this okay, the bike can be replaced! Now YOU better start wearin your gear too my man! What would we do without Lance?? :rolleyes:

Glad you're still functional, that sounds like it had the potental to keep you down permanantly.

It's gonna suck for a while, but just do what the Dr.'s tell you. Do the threapy if it's needed, I found out it works. In October I wrecked my KLR and ended up with 2 plates in my arm, a plate on my pelvis and a plate and two rods in my left leg.

Yesterday I did a 365lb deadlift and a 595 rack pull from knee level. Therapy works, I'm sure taking extra calcium, protien and Vitamin D & C didn't hurt either.

You're pretty young(i'm 42), you should heal even faster.