Thinking about a tank bag.

OhioMarine

I'm considering getting a tank bag for my CBR. Eliminate needing a back pack for the little things.. Any suggestions?

My dad has a bigger and a very small tank bag, im not a fan of the bigger one the small one is alright.. I perfer somthing that goes on the back of the bike. looks better and doesnt get in the way.

picture.php?albumid=400&pictureid=3892

This is what he has for the back and I would recomend that

Edited by omgshesaboy

I'm considering getting a tank bag for my CBR. Eliminate needing a back pack for the little things.. Any suggestions?

I have the Icon Primer tank bag , holds more than you think it would and can be used as a back pack too .

If you are looking for something unobtrusive, there's a tail bag for the RR's called FastPack that goes right over the rear seat. Review and pics here: http://www.2wf.com/content/view/1675/45/

I just bought one for the 600RR, and it fits and looks great. You can easily get a 6-pack with room to spare. What you can't do (or shouldn't) is sit on it as the straps aren't designed to take a lot of lateral motion from an adult sliding the seat around.

IP has them for $73. They're a little pricey, but I didn't want a buttload of straps all around and a undertail exhaust made it that much harder.

If you are looking for something unobtrusive, there's a tail bag for the RR's called FastPack that goes right over the rear seat. Review and pics here: http://www.2wf.com/content/view/1675/45/

I just bought one for the 600RR, and it fits and looks great. You can easily get a 6-pack with room to spare. What you can't do (or shouldn't) is sit on it as the straps aren't designed to take a lot of lateral motion from an adult sliding the seat around.

IP has them for $73. They're a little pricey, but I didn't want a buttload of straps all around and a undertail exhaust made it that much harder.

Note: you have the split seat.. not I sire. But i do really like the way it looks compressed..

I'm really just looking for something to hold some phones, smokes and whatever else I can pull out of my pockets.. I wanna keep it sleek.

Note: you have the split seat.. not I sire. But i do really like the way it looks compressed..

I'm really just looking for something to hold some phones, smokes and whatever else I can pull out of my pockets.. I wanna keep it sleek.

Riiight, I forgot you had the sofa. :)

In that case, a smallish tank bag might be the way to go. It doesn't screw with the curve of the bike that much, having a big honkin thing on the tail would be worse IMO than a little something on the tank, especially when you are riding you're over it anyway.

Riiight, I forgot you had the sofa. :)

In that case, a smallish tank bag might be the way to go. It doesn't screw with the curve of the bike that much, having a big honkin thing on the tail would be worse IMO than a little something on the tank, especially when you are riding you're over it anyway.

yeah.. this search isnt going so hot. LOL

I may just say screw it and settle with a low drag back pack..

yeah.. this search isnt going so hot. LOL

I may just say screw it and settle with a low drag back pack..

In that case, I would steer you away from the Icon Squad II. I loved that pack when I had it, it held everything beautifully, but the stitching separated in the front right under the rubber ICONMOTO badge exposing the contents to the outside. I looked at others and it all looks like they would do the same thing. Ended up taking it back to Iron Pony for a warranty fix, and they ended up giving me store credit.

Kreiga backpacks seem to be very highly reviewed on 600rr.net. I haven't actually seen one in person, and they are a little spicy at $105 - $185, but some of them have the same shoulder strap system as the Squad II. Direct link: http://www.shop.superbikestore.net/category.sc;jsessionid=8B5654A90CDC2F829E70483B79CD14E3.qscstrfrnt02?categoryId=222

In the end, it all comes down to your body type, how they fit on you, and how much you want to carry.