I need to shorten a kickstand...

copper1k

I lowered my wife's bike as low as the links allowed, about 2.5 inches. She likes it and wants to keep it at this ride height, but the kickstand is too long and needs to be shortened. I figured the stand will have to loose about an inch of length to allow the bike to lean enough and not fall over.

So has anyone had this done before? Does one inch sound about right?

(32" original ride height, now 29.5" with a 10" stand)

---What should the labor rate be at a machine shop to cut and weld it back together minus the inch?

---Any recommendations for a shop that is up to the task?

Ill do it for ya all you gotta do is bring the beer with ya

Man that's a tough call. Take the cage to Coshocton so I can haul beer, and miss some good riding. I may be able to haul a six-pack in the back pack so I can still enjoy the opportunity for a nice ride.

I think I'm up for ride out that way next weekend, what's your schedule like?

Cut it off and reweld the foot on at the right angle.

^^^1000rr is a good dude too. Take him up on it.

thanks jagr .... need weldin and fabin done thats where we rednecks shine :) that and killin critters and fryin em up

Man that's a tough call. Take the cage to Coshocton so I can haul beer, and miss some good riding. I may be able to haul a six-pack in the back pack so I can still enjoy the opportunity for a nice ride.

I think I'm up for ride out that way next weekend, what's your schedule like?

no cage, ride the bike so I can do it on the bike to get the right height and angle ... have a CSBA ride Saturday till prolly 2 ish and Sunday is the OR meet and greet so if you can work around those to its all good eve's thru the week arent bad either but if your wanting a ride do the csba ride with us and just follow me home after and Im not all the way into coshocton Im at the edge of the county just barely 40 mins from the sunbury grill I likes eatin there when I go thru sunbury

I need to do the same thing for my girls 650. I was thinking an 1" and cutting at the base to keep it strong.

I weld and fab for cheap ..... bud light , jack daniels "black for small jobs , single barrel for bigger jobs" , pep pizza , steak , bacon yum bacon , you get the idea :)

I have a shortened kick stand that came with my Sv. I couldn't tell you how much shorter it is and it will need to be re welded. It has a crack along the weld. I'll take a picture if you want. If you want it all you have to pay is shipping and paypal charges. The stand is just sitting in a box and when the bike was lowered the handling/ turn in was horrible for me.

The only thing I know of different between 03 and later 2nd, gen Sv is rear set position and subframe height. Both of which should have anything to do with the kick stand mounted to the frame. But I'm by no means a pro with the does and don'ts, what can and can't be done with the bike.

I just pulled it out. It's either cracked or the silver paint they painted it with is cracked. I 'll take a pic in a little while. It's more in the middle of the stand and not on the weld at all.

huh?

SV was lowered when I bought it. I raised it back up to stock height.

Now my wife rides it. Copper was asking if I had to lower it for her which I didn't do.

RR dude it's good to know I have redneck welder on hand. :D

I just pulled it out. It's either cracked or the silver paint they painted it with is cracked. I 'll take a pic in a little while. It's more in the middle of the stand and not on the weld at all.

This may work out better getting one already shortened. I was going to buy another one at stock length to keep if/when the wife gives up and lets me have the 650 back.

price?

This may work out better getting one already shortened. I was going to buy another one at stock length to keep if/when the wife gives up and lets me have the 650 back.

price?

Shoot me a pm with you address. My wife works at Staples so I have her send it to you. All I want for it is the cost of shipping and the $2 or whatever paypal is going scrape of the top. Or I would just say I would bring it down to the Meet and Greet but I'm not sure if I will make it there.

So did you get Losts kickstand.

I'm still needing one if anyone has one. 03 sv650s

Cut or not cut. I can weld with the best of the rednecks.

anyone know if that 01 gsxr 1000 would fit.

So did you get Losts kickstand.

I'm still needing one if anyone has one. 03 sv650s

Cut or not cut. I can weld with the best of the rednecks.

anyone know if that 01 gsxr 1000 would fit.

Next time I'm down that way I will hand it off.

BTW I plan on going to the Meet and Greet tomorrow so if it can be dropped off then it would work best for me. If not we will figure something out.