bring out your dead -- 2010 harley lineup

John

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2009/07/2010-harley-range-revolutionar.html

Remember just two weeks ago when Harley announced its earnings had dropped 91 percent? Well banish those memories, Harley-Davidson is roaring into 2010 with nine entirely new* models! Wow, when CEO Keith Wandell said the company would be investing in the brand, we thought that was just a cleverly disguised euphemism for firing people, we had no idea it would actually stretch all the way to new paint colors and this comprehensive of a raiding of its existing parts bin. If these all-new models can't bring young people into the Harley family, we don't know what will!

"This ambitious new motorcycle launch reaches to our riders with the incredible passion that Harley-Davidson has inspired for more than a century," said Bill Davidson, Harley-Davidson Vice President of Core Customer Marketing. "We are thrilled to offer our customers nine new models and a full selection of products for 2010 that lets their enthusiasm for enjoying great motorcycles continue at full throttle!" [exclamation point added for emphasis]

Headlining the all-new range of entirely new models is an unprecedentedly new plating process called "Midnight Pearl" used on the headlight cover, timer and derby covers, fender strut covers and other equally exciting bits and pieces on the CVO Fat Bob. While Harley doesn't officially claim any performance, fuel-economy or handling benefits due to the fear of overwhelming you with awesomeness, we hear from a company insider that this new color is good for at least a 50bhp increase from the Screamin' Eagle Twin Cam 110ci V-Twin, at last putting it on par with the European maxi-scooter competition. It's massive changes like that that are really going to make 2010 model year Harleys fly out of dealer show rooms!

Elsewhere in the range, you'll find exciting all-new features like "slammed suspension," "an optional flame paint scheme," "a larger front wheel," "a new tail light assembly," " a slimmed-down exhaust," "new paint schemes and styling details" and plenty of something called "light and lean extreme!"

To say that we're overwhelmed by the way in which Harley has honored a long tradition of American innovation, American quality, American competitiveness, American courage, American vision, American progress and our favorite American tradition of all, honesty, wouldn't accurately express the emotions these new American motorcycles make us feel!

In fact, all we can say about these 2010 Harleys is: America, fuck yeah!

* This statement may not be entirely true.

I was very disappointed with the new HD line-up. I was considering buying a Night Train or Fat Bob if they made some improvements mechanically and aesthetically, but they are identical to the 2009 models. Way to go, Harley.

I don't even see the hardcore HD guys going after these much or getting too excited.

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2009/07/2010-harley-range-revolutionar.html

Wow, when CEO Keith Wandell said the company would be investing in the brand, we thought that was just a cleverly disguised euphemism for firing people, we had no idea it would actually stretch all the way to new paint colors and this comprehensive of a raiding of its existing parts bin.

Unbelievable

the 2010 FLHC is getting a VROD engine upgrade complete w/radiator. Still think it's too little too late. Maybe once Willie G. dies they'll start putting in 20th century technology into those under engineered, under performing, recliners.

Doesn't matter to me- I happen to think they're very nice-looking bikes, but I could still get a Honda set up to look as good or better for less money, and not have to lug a full toolkit with me everywhere.

If I ever spend more than 10 grand on a bike, it'll be a Triumph Rocket III.

They all look the same to me and to be honest, kinda plain and old fashioned..... I like them after someone has spent $10,000 on it with custom parts but I can buy 3 RR's for that price.

Once in a while I'd like to kick back and just cruise but I'm not paying 3 times the price for a bike I would put one fifth the miles on as my honda....

everyone mistakes my Warrior for a vrod. I don't see it but alot of people do.

i can't bring myself to spend that much on a harley. And to get a harley to look like my warrior, i'd have to sink another $6000 into it. i paid $7000 for exactly what i wanted. just needs more power now. :) (intro to a 1999cc upgrade)

09.jpg

Edited by curby

i can't bring myself to spend that much on a harley. And to get a harley to look like my warrior, i'd have to sink another $6000 into it. i paid $7000 for exactly what i wanted. just needs more power now. :) (intro to a 1999cc upgrade)

09.jpg

If I were to buy any newer cruiser, that would be it. :cool:

09.jpg

No mistaking that for a VROD (no disrespect intended) unless you just don't know motorcycles and think anything other than a sportbike is a Hardley er Harley. Guessing the orange stripe on the wheels reminds folks of the Nightrod or Nightrod Special.

dsc00927.jpg

Wow, same bikes, just different paint and pipes how little you hafta do nowadays to get by in business

Now that is funny.. Someone that has a busa talking about harley's lack of updating year to year? I guess when the Busa's were revamped two years ago that we forget about how similar these bikes were year after year after year after year...

This is the way Harley has been doing it forever, they pick a couple bike a year to be the CVO, bikes ... Unlike the LTD edition Busa's, nice, what do I get for a limited ed busa?? Oh a diffrent color! Guess it's.. Haters man, haters.

Now that is funny.. Someone that has a busa talking about harley's lack of updating year to year? I guess when the Busa's were revamped two years ago that we forget about how similar these bikes were year after year after year after year...

Well, when you get it right the first time... :cool: