Tankslappers FTL!!

warpspeed

Sunday afternoon I was headed down to Houston woods and my back tire slipped out in a curve @ about 40 mph....then it caught and started a tankslapper....I actually was able to pull out of the slapper by grabbing the throttle but by then I was down in a ditch...I thought I had it but looked up and there was a concrete driveway/culvert right in front of me...I was barely hanging onto the bars and didn't get ahold of the front brake, but judging by the marks in the grass i must have hammered the back brake and skidded and wiped out....slid across the concrete driveway and into the grass on the other side....got up right away and picked up the bike and she started right away, shifter linkage was snapped, but I rode it 10 miles back to my buddies house in second gear...

Let me say if I hadn't had the leather jacket/gauntlet gloves on i'd look like wheezle after his wreck...the helmet didn't have a scratch on it tho :wtf: Wish I had kneepads, I woulda walked away without a scratch. Jeans didn't do much :(

Rider stupidity....was riding on a back tire that has a real slow leak (34psi when we checked it after the wreck) and I was pretty hard into the throttle in the corner. Crash and learn. Just REALLY thankfull I had gear on.

Before:

DSCF2044.jpg

After: Right side is all rashed up and cowl is broke and somethings wrong with the forks

DSCF3259.jpg

DSCF3263.jpg

DSCF3262.jpg

LSL case saver/slider did a great job

DSCF3260.jpg

The Sato slider was a epic fail it was ripped completly out of the base

DSCF3261.jpg

my knee :D its pretty. Rode 10 miles like that

DSCF3264.jpg

baller cutoffs....did the right and was like wtheck, might as well do the left

DSCF3266.jpg

after 4 hours at the hospital (they had fun with me, got a kneecap pressure test, 500cc of saline injected under the kneecap)

all stitched up

DSCF3273.jpg

and I get to wear this sweet leg brace for 2 weeks so i dont rip the stitches out.

DSCF3270.jpg

I'd say I'm pretty lucky I avoided a wambulance ride :violin:

Glad u are ok!!!! Gear is a must no matter where u ride! The FRAME slider did its job by taking the blow then breaking B4 ur fram did. As for tire pressure i'd say 34 is still a little HIGH for aggressive street riding. All and all u made it out with some cool ass shorts and a lesson in gear! Glad u r ok and have good spirits!:)

Glad u are ok!!!! Gear is a must no matter where u ride! The FRAME slider did its job by taking the blow then breaking B4 ur fram did. As for tire pressure i'd say 34 is still a little HIGH for aggressive street riding. All and all u made it out with some cool ass shorts and a lesson in gear! Glad u r ok and have good spirits!:)

+1 dont blame it on to low pressure I only run 32psi

steering damper?

just the stocker...I have little confidence that it did anything...I miss the scotts I had on the r6.

+1 dont blame it on to low pressure I only run 32psi

your on a 190 tire :confused:... I can't say for sure why it slipped though:confused:...there wasn't anything on the road. Mebbe these Pirellis aren't so great... gonna have to get some PP 2ct's :eek:

I've never had a problem before.....and my buddy on his gsxr600 was right behind me and nothing happened to him. Like I said I shouldn't have been riding on my tire that aggressivly since it had a slow leak.:rulez:

glad you're ok man.

i'd say that there is a possibility that the pressure might have been a little too high and that caused some problem. you said it had a leak but it was at 34psi after you rode 10 miles prior to the wreck. so how much did you put in it before you started riding?

just the stocker...I have little confidence that it did anything...I miss the scotts I had on the r6.

your on a 190 tire :confused:... I can't say for sure why it slipped though:confused:...there wasn't anything on the road. Mebbe these Pirellis aren't so great... gonna have to get some PP 2ct's :eek:

I've never had a problem before.....and my buddy on his gsxr600 was right behind me and nothing happened to him. Like I said I shouldn't have been riding on my tire that aggressivly since it had a slow leak.:rulez:

What tire pressurs are u trying to run? Pirelli should be no higher than 30 in the rear and about 31 in the front. I run my rear @25psi for hard riding.