Q-S-&-L Bike Night 08/05/09

mrbret

Got my bike started after we got home. Had it on battery tender while we were gone. But then it wouldn't start again after I took it around the block. Back on the tender but time for a new battery, I think.[/quot

yea i trhink ur right

went on the group ride afterwards and about killed myself on the backroads i know like the back of my haND-dj isle + backroads=FAIL!

Followed the ride for awhile. I was in the back with some slower riders.

Wanted to go faster but you know it is such bad manners to pass without the other rider being aware you are going to do it, I just stayed back.

The girl with the white tank top seemed to rethink her choice of riding attire, dropped back, and then waved us on.

Which lead inevitably to the split group.

After a bit we could not figure out which way you all went at the next 4 way intersection, so we just went home.

We did see some of you when we hit a cross street, double up with a pink jacket on the back. But then, you were gone.

Way too late to catch up, so we didn't even try.

Just had a nice ride in the country. (Except for those damn lighting bugs! They smeared on face shields like demon glue!)

Edited by Strictly Street

Were you the guy that looked like he wanted to say something,

but then didn't? :)

Yea, I did see you! Wondered who you were, or if you just hated my bike.

Thursday, OR meet at BW&R. You can try again!! :D

Yea, I probably did look like I wanted to say something and didn't.

I'll see if I can make Thursday, but it doesn't look good. I move into my apartment on Friday and I still have a bunch of stuff to do so it would be tough.

Next week for sure though...maybe.

that was a hard ride street i had trouble keeping up...i split after we got bck on 270 they heaeded south and i went north to go back homw...i hit rocks and about wiped out

Your bike is faster than mine. Even so, mine seemed to like being challenged. After a bit of the higher rev's it seemed to run better on the way home.

Round town I never run it that fast, traffic and the like.

The in-line 4 seemed to thrive in the power band (such as it is on my little bike)

Anyway, a strange road is to be treated with respect, which I did, even so I had a couple of fun moments.

I think I surprised Looney with a little burst of acceleration.

Yep, the old girl still gets up when asked! (So to speak)

All in all, a good day. Put about 120 mi on it today, not bad for a day.

And tomorrow is another day!

well I know those roads and the last time i was on that particualr road there wasn't ne rocks in the middle of it...i think my bike was more surpriesd than i was.....it just took off i saved it but it was a scary moment...i still had fun letting my bike hang loose a little bit but yeah tough ride

Yea, I probably did look like I wanted to say something and didn't.

I'll see if I can make Thursday, but it doesn't look good. I move into my apartment on Friday and I still have a bunch of stuff to do so it would be tough.

Next week for sure though...maybe.

OK, here's the deal. If you're feeling confident, and want to spend a few hours meeting people tonight, I may have a few hours on friday to spare in order to help you move... let me know.

Yeah, I wondered what happened to everybody that was behind us. I was hard to keep everyone together because of the traffic and lights on Polaris. We didn't go anywhere special though. We were flyin' through some back roads and some had to fall back because they couldn't see well with little light and massive amounts of smeared bugs in their view. I had fun and learn a thing or two about my own riding abilities along the way.

i swung by

y'all looked at me

i said nothing

then left :)

Just latch on to one of us from here you have kind of spoken to & they will introduce you to whoever else is around, either at QSL (or Circuit City before) i'm almost always there or at the OR bike night Thursdays.

OK, here's the deal. If you're feeling confident, and want to spend a few hours meeting people tonight, I may have a few hours on friday to spare in order to help you move... let me know.

MJ is cool like that.