dog food in my bike...

velnarah

friend from work is helping me do some repairs. and low and behold I seem to have a pest problem in the garage at home. unfortunately it's my parents garage and they keep the dog out there most of the time with food and wather which of course has attracted mice and or rats. Why the little buggers are stashing their keep here is beyond me.

picture.php?albumid=427&pictureid=6181&thumb=1

I had an identical problem with my old CB750, had a 4 into 1 exhaust, and when i went to fire it up for the first time in spring, I was being pelted in the back with black chunks...

apparently some mice stored dog food in my exhaust header, and when I fired it up they blasted out and ricoched off the back wall.

every season after that I'd store it with a cork in the exhaust.

friend from work is helping me do some repairs. and low and behold I seem to have a pest problem in the garage at home. unfortunately it's my parents garage and they keep the dog out there most of the time with food and wather which of course has attracted mice and or rats. Why the little buggers are stashing their keep here is beyond me.

picture.php?albumid=427&pictureid=6181&thumb=1

That's funny. But you shouldn't keep a dog in the garage.

yeah i live near fields and my garage attracts field mice like crazy!!! just last week they got into the tail end of my bike and chewed on my turn signal wires!!! not fun stuff! and i have found a mouse nest in my intake before :( since then i have kept mouse traps in the garage but i cant keep them all away....

me too, one Spring found me blowing bird seed out of the header. I really should check the air filter more often for critters. And I got tail pipe plugs too. Small rubber balls on a rope work also.

Good luck with getting rid of the mice with the food & water supply so readily available for them. Do NOT use any type of poison as the dog could get secondary poisoning. There is a liquid poison/bait station you can use that kills quickly, and won't cause secondary poisoning.

believe me the dog would stay inside if I had it my way. its not even technically my dog, it's my mother's. She's well enough behaved that she usually wont mess in the house so I don't see what the big deal is myself.

anyway... I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one with these kinds of problems. I dunno about traps or poisons yet. we'l see.....