can we kick california out of the union?

dmagicglock

I know everyone talks about succeeding from the Union if things get "really bad" but how about kicking a state out of the union because they just keep f'ing things up for the rest of us. Glad I don't live in Cali, and I hope these people don't travel to ohio.

http://www.mercurynews.com/politics/ci_12991912?source=rss&nclick_check=1

it's the same problem across the country. Majority of the inmates are non violent minor drug charges. Have to remember that CA is the weed producing capital of the country, and every now and again folks get busted growing. What they're proposing is no worse than when Columbus went public that they weren't going to pursue non violent misdemeanors, or when they released police cadets 2 weeks prior to graduation.

ill tell ya how to cut the prison population. its EASY

stop putting first time non violent drug offenders in jail. there was that so hard?

also you can change the crack/powder cocaine sentencing disparity.

if you have 5 grams of crack its a mandatory 5 year sentence. 5 grams. thats about 100 dollars worth. to get the same mandatory sentence for POWDER cocaine, you need five HUNDRED grams. thats a little over a POUND. about 25,000 dollars worth.

also cali is about to legalize the herb for everyone. not that it isnt pretty much legal there now, because it is. good for them.