8/7 SE ohio ride

cfd37buckeye

Great ride on Friday...left Cambridge right at 10 am, and headed south on 209, crossed over to 821 south. You get some impressive views of the Rockies Express gas line they are running through here. Took 313 east off of 821, then to 285 south to 566 south of Seneca Lake which is virgin asphalt, has some twisties and some nice humps. 146 takes us to Mt. Ephraim, then down to 147 to head into Summerfield. Road is kinda twisty, and clean. We took 78 into Woodsfield, stopped at my Mom and Dads for a few, then headed to 536 down to the river. That is a really fun, really clean road, and is a lot better than I remembered it in a cage. If you have not rode it, get there, it is a clean smooth ride. The guy riding with me used the binders so much on his HD, he was having brake fade. We headed north on rt 7 for about 10 miles, and headed up 556 to Beallsville. Another fun clean twisty road with minimal traffic up out of the Ohio river valley. Make sure you stop at the Beallsville Diner to eat....Outstanding home cooked food, and cobbler. Took 145 over to 800 north, all the way to Piedmont where we caught 22 back into Cambridge. 146 Mile round trip. I have to say that my old Yamaha FZ600 is a hoot to ride.......for the first 50 miles, then it really hurts my ass. I don't think it will break my heart to part ways with it. That was the furthest it has gone, it ran good, shifted good, and handled great. If anyone wants to come down and ride, give me a shout, I will be glad to go along if I am off work, just don't expect me to take the FZ.

Sounds like a great ride. A guy from work and I rode down part of those rodes on Saturday. Great ride for us. It was great twistys with my road king and he had a honda 1000. We went down route 26 to Marietta which was also a great twisty road. Might catch up to you on the next ride!

• 2 weeks later...

scott,

was there in beallsville yesterday (twice) dont remember see the diner, is it on 145,,556 ?

yesterday did 7s to Powhattan Point

148 to 145s to 556 back to 7s

536 to 78 back to 7s

255 to 800n to 78w-145n

(stopped for gas in beallsville, the kid at the gas station pointed across the street and said " that road has some good tuns on it " he was pointing at 556, I laughed, mostly at myself , and said " oh , I was already on that today.")

To 148 to 9n to 70w to 331n to 519 ( another nice twisty)

250s to 150 to 152 to 151 to 7n to 22e and home.

350 miles , 9hrs total

This is one of the reasons i'm on here. now if I can only meet up with some of ya guys.........

scott,

was there in beallsville yesterday (twice) dont remember see the diner, is it on 145,,556 ?

yesterday did 7s to Powhattan Point

148 to 145s to 556 back to 7s

536 to 78 back to 7s

255 to 800n to 78w-145n

(stopped for gas in beallsville, the kid at the gas station pointed across the street and said " that road has some good tuns on it " he was pointing at 556, I laughed, mostly at myself , and said " oh , I was already on that today.")

To 148 to 9n to 70w to 331n to 519 ( another nice twisty)

250s to 150 to 152 to 151 to 7n to 22e and home.

350 miles , 9hrs total

This is one of the reasons i'm on here. now if I can only meet up with some of ya guys.........

Do you ahppen to know if 148 between 145 & 800 is still covered with gravel?

I just passed that last night, but decided not to take 148. We were headed south out of Barnesville on 800, over to Wilson, and I wanted to cut over to 26 into Wilson, but had rememberd that they are chip and sealing everything over that way. I was not about to try it as hot as it was last night. I would say with 100% confidence that there is loose stone all over that.

I just passed that last night, but decided not to take 148. We were headed south out of Barnesville on 800, over to Wilson, and I wanted to cut over to 26 into Wilson, but had rememberd that they are chip and sealing everything over that way. I was not about to try it as hot as it was last night. I would say with 100% confidence that there is loose stone all over that.

That sux, but thx for the road recon.. That is a fun stretch of road.

did not hit that part of 148. cant tell ya if gravel or not.

did NOT have any chipped roads at all yesterday :banana:

ran it monday from 800 to 7 , no real loose gravel , but kinda ruff, not very smooth of a surface, imo need some more real hot days and some traffic to SMOOTH it out some.