cop slams eldery lady with knife

John

I mean... are you serious lol.

Wow. Just wow. :eek:

No joke, ignorance is bliss i guess. You get to say what you want and do what you wish as long as you dont look at the truth. The truth is that cops get put in worse situations than the general public would ever want to see. Get over yourself and realize that you owe a debt to cops like her.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.. I figure if YOU PEOPLE are going to negative repp me all day for thinking it's a little HARSH to pop an alzheimer's patient's skull on the concrete, then clearly being a little harsh is OK here. :) Have a nice day:rolleyes:

And for a little more honesty, I will go ahead and say that the lack of compassion, aggression and *yeah* racism exhibited by people on here claiming to be in the law enforcement occupation is quite disturbing, and warrants a psychiatric evaluation.

"Oh, well Ah gottuh make sure Ah make it home every naht." Well the job is to Serve and PROTECT the public. Not "preserve yourself." If you can't serve and protect without needlessly injuring people (ESPECIALLY the elderly), go work at the mall.

You cant serve and protect from a coffin either genious. You have never risked anything in your life and thats apparent with your ignorance.

The job is to serve and protect society.. not that old woman. If you don't believe me you could ask the Supreme Court. However' date=' I don't disagree that a lot of officers on this site tend to be a bit less than articulate, but I think that's just a COP thing. Seems to be my experience, anyway.[/quote']

But.. isn't she "society"? And one that probably needed protection more than anyone else in that parking lot...? At what point does training come in contact with common sense?

Lucid/drunk belligerent asshole with weapon = BODYSLAM

Confused, terrified, 90-pound old lady with arms like spaghetti = NO BODYSLAM

And come on now... you e-know me... and you know I wouldn't come out here swinging elbows if there weren't some COWARDLY ASS E-THUGS on THIS thread RAHT NOW who don't have the man stamina enough take it, even though they are dishing it out by the bucket...:p

Oh really, I haven't? I'm sorry, have we met...?

BTW... it's "genius" :lol:

No, we have not met. But risking your life for other people is something that a lot of people have never and will never do. Even if the situation is right in front of them. you may have risked small things but until you have risked your life and you see what it takes you will always second guess what the cop is doing. The cop is ensuring the safety of everyone around, not the safety of the suspect. No matter who that may be. Once the threat is gone and the suspect is in custody, now you are in charge of their safety as well.

Sorry for the typo... Im sure youve never done that either huh?

Just to be completely clear on this matter... I don't owe anybody anything. I don't give a fuck what they do for a living.

I know you're tired of me plus-one-ing you, but

+1

I believe I owe the members of the police department a salary and benefits, which they receive as a result of my hard-earned tax dollars. So even-stevens.

I don't recall the police force being staffed by draftees. All volunteers, yes?:p

Military personnel have my utmost respect' date=' but I don't owe them anything. I am very grateful for their sacrifice and I know I wouldn't be able to say the things I do without them. However, I don't owe them anything.

Police are a different story. Are they necessary? Sure, I guess so, but that doesn't mean I owe them anything. As a matter of fact, my feelings on the topic would be to embrace more personal responsibility and diminish the size of police forces in this country. If people weren't so dependent on the police and actually took some responsibility for their own lives we wouldn't need so many of them running around wasting tax money and hogging all the donuts.[/quote']

I wish more people had that point of view. If more people believe in personal responibility we would need as many cops. But since too many people dont, thats why we need it. What do we do until more people have that virtue of personal sesponsibility? We have the cop there to save us from situations we didnt even know we needed saving from. You may owe a cop your life and dont even know it. A cop may have pulled over a drunk driver and then had to taze them. If that officer didnt do that then that drunk may have hit and killed you. Cops do more than "slam" g'mas on the ground.

No' date=' she isn't society. Like it or not, the police aren't here for our personal defense or protection. They are here to maintain civil law and order. Honestly, that woman could have been shot by a citizen and been completely justified in his/her actions. Why is this cop held to different standards regarding personal safety?

We'll see how the e-thugs hold up to the boxing match. Some times you wear me out, woman. (not that I'm complaining. ;))[/quote']

Again, I agree with you. Why are cops held to a different standard when it is their job to eliminate threats? A civilian very well could have shot her and been justified. The cop chose to put her to the ground rather than pull the gun, which would have been justified as well, with a deadly weapon involved.

I know you're tired of me plus-one-ing you, but

+1

I believe I owe the members of the police department a salary and benefits, which they receive as a result of my hard-earned tax dollars. So even-stevens.

I don't recall the police force being staffed by draftees. All volunteers, yes?:p

Yes it is an all volunteer force. What would you do if no more cops volunteered to do their job? You would be in a world of disorder and hurt. Not hurt like someone broke up with you, hurt like more and more gunfights in the street, more thugs (real not "e") running around killing people and acting tough. Thank you for the all volunteer force saves many people from dealing with horrible situations people shouldt have to deal with.

No, we have not met. But risking your life for other people is something that a lot of people have never and will never do. Even if the situation is right in front of them. you may have risked small things

True story.. many people have no problem walking away from a life-threatening situation and ignoring it, you are correct. But it's like I said... you don't know me, honey. And you assume quite a bit :)

But it's cool... I know part of the 'training' is to make a snap judgment about someone based on very, very little information. The same mindset that makes the assumption a dozen black people in a WalMart at 11 am must be there to sell drugs or cash in food stamps.. not to shop for their families at a convenient time because they work 2nd shift, or it's their day off LOL.

I still stick my by original assessment. If an able bodied police officer can't figure out a way to disarm a frail old woman without injuring her, that officer is in the wrong line of work and is a danger to the very community they are trying to protect. Whitehall needs to get rid of ole girl before they get sued.

A cop may have pulled over a drunk driver and then had to taze them. If that officer didnt do that then that drunk may have hit and killed you.

I wouldn't go that far... I could say the same thing for things I do in my job, but I don't. Cop intervention isn't divine intervention.

Cops make a good salary, so you get compensated for putting your life at risk. If you were under compensated it would be easy for a qualified individual to become a cop.

Cops need to stop this whole "my life is in danger" bullshit. If you don't like it get another job. You are not in the special forces so stop acting like it.

I am not a cop, most of us on here aren't and that makes it even worse. We aren't even in the business and we know better. Why didn't the cop try and isolate her from innocent bystanders and try and speak with her for a couple of minutes. If you have to slam the old lady thats fine, but after you try some other options.

We'll see how the e-thugs hold up to the boxing match. Some times you wear me out' date=' woman. (not that I'm complaining. ;))[/quote']

***BIGG HUGGGG*** LOL I noticed a marked slow-down in the negative rep factory here recently LOL

I'm a firm believer in the rule of law. Society cannot co-exist without law. I wish I could embrace anarchy but that would mean everyone would have to follow my rules regarding anarchy.. which sort of defeats the purpose of anarchy. (I like saying' date=' 'anarchy') [/quote']

UUGHHH I hate it when you're right!! But... you're right.

Thank you for the all volunteer force saves many people from dealing with horrible situations people shouldt have to deal with.

Don't get me wrong, bro. I DEEPLY appreciate the work that the police force does. The good ones, with the knowledge and experience to get the job done in the best and safest way possible for ALL involved. (even the "perp" still deserves civil, injury-free treatment to the greatest possible extent). There are officers who will go 30 years all the way to retirement getting the job done right, keeping the peace, upholding the law... without unnecessarily hurting people.

Hell i say we let her fall on the ground with that knife in her hand and then try to get up. You think she is gonna know enough not to stab herself then! Hey problem solved put unmarked speedbumps in the parking lot, then she will bodyslam herself and probably pop a tire on someone car. which then starts a shoot out with all the other guys in the parking lot. thus only giving the need to call one place......... the meat wagon to come and figure out whos who!!! and clean the mess up! Better hope she had her geritol that morning!!!!

btw. respect to leo's i was born aug 7th IN THE USA!!!!! PhUN intended!!

p.s. we need more motorcycle vigilantism, lets see the return of the mad max style hardly guy or maybe a new improved version with a sportbike now that is progress and evolution. (thumbs up)

Cops make a good salary, so you get compensated for putting your life at risk. If you were under compensated it would be easy for a qualified individual to become a cop.

Cops need to stop this whole "my life is in danger" bullshit. If you don't like it get another job. You are not in the special forces so stop acting like it.

I am not a cop, most of us on here aren't and that makes it even worse. We aren't even in the business and we know better. Why didn't the cop try and isolate her from innocent bystanders and try and speak with her for a couple of minutes. If you have to slam the old lady thats fine, but after you try some other options.

Let me get this right... You want the cop to walk the suspect with a knife over to the back of the parking lot, where people im sure would have followed, to have a chat with her to get her to let the knife go? Thats not quite how it works. You are not a cop as you have stated but you THINK you know better. If you have the mindset with the wrong person, even a 13 y/o as i showed earlier, you will get hurt or killed. So maybe you dont know better like you think you do.

I think that I can use the comment that ChickOn2 said. You dont know who I am or what I do/have done. Dont make too many assumptions.

Let me get this right... You want the cop to walk the suspect with a knife over to the back of the parking lot, where people im sure would have followed, to have a chat with her to get her to let the knife go? Thats not quite how it works. You are not a cop as you have stated but you THINK you know better. If you have the mindset with the wrong person, even a 13 y/o as i showed earlier, you will get hurt or killed. So maybe you dont know better like you think you do.

I think that I can use the comment that ChickOn2 said. You dont know who I am or what I do/have done. Dont make too many assumptions.

Ask the people to stand back a bit, if they give you some room then there is no danger to anyone but herself. If the crowd won't move back to a safe distance then slam the old lady.

Why does the police department employ negotiators?

I think the change in a screen name to "Judge Dredd" shows that some cops believe that they are judge, jury and executioner

Edited by shittygsxr

QFT.. preserve the safety of society by removing them from the potentially dangerous situation. That frees up space and time which allows for a better analysis of the situation. Too bad that kind of thinking would require half the police force to be let go... they just don't have the scruples required for that sort of judgment.

As Al Bundy once said "support higher education, send a cop to third grade"

Ask the people to stand back a bit, if they give you some room then there is no danger to anyone but herself. If the crowd won't move back to a safe distance then slam the old lady.

Why does the police department employ negotiators?

The closest person was 2 cars away at the time she started talking to the lady. They are back far enough but you forgot, there is the danger to the officer. Which Officer Perception is a key point in what use of force is used. So if the officer sees a risk to him or herself then they get rid of the risk. How long should they have talked her into droping the knife? Also, people were taping it before the cops got there. What caused them to start that camera? She was yelling at people before the cops got there therefore is already showing hostility. By not listening to the officer thats even more defiant. You get whats coming to you, old young of middle aged.

I think the change in a screen name to "Judge Dredd" shows that some cops believe that they are judge, jury and executioner

Some really, really do. I suppose when you're IN the dangerous situation, then it's hard to differentiate between "perp" and "guilty". Ole 5-0 girl didn't even take a second to find out what was going on. Took one look at the lady, hollered some instructions that the lady couldn't understand, then found her guilty right there in the parking lot. Punishment: immediate bleeding skull. No need for court....looks like we're all done here. Move along.

QFT.. preserve the safety of society by removing them from the potentially dangerous situation. That frees up space and time which allows for a better analysis of the situation. Too bad that kind of thinking would require half the police force to be let go... they just don't have the scruples required for that sort of judgment.

She preserved the safety of everyone around by getting rid of the person with the kinfe.

The closest person was 2 cars away at the time she started talking to the lady. They are back far enough but you forgot, there is the danger to the officer. Which Officer Perception is a key point in what use of force is used. So if the officer sees a risk to him or herself then they get rid of the risk. How long should they have talked her into droping the knife? Also, people were taping it before the cops got there. What caused them to start that camera? She was yelling at people before the cops got there therefore is already showing hostility. By not listening to the officer thats even more defiant. You get whats coming to you, old young of middle aged.

People stated that she was yelling for her daughter, not "I am gonna kill you mutha fuckers" the officer put herself in that danger by moving up on the lady. I am sure that the cop didn't get a "hard on" from slamming the old lady. I bet that the cop had an adrenaline rush and just wanted the situation resolved. When I get pulled over in my car most of the time a second patrol car pulls up before the officer even approaches my vehicle.

I don't think it is a training issue, I don't think that the officer got any joy from the situation, I do feel that she does not have the mental state to be a police officer. She can't think clearly with adrenaline running through her body .