cop slams eldery lady with knife

John

SHhhhhh!!! You're leaking out our secrets!

Screw that! women of the world must be warned! Because by the time we find out what we're dealing with, we're already committed to completing the project. It's too late (and often, quite inconvenient) to run away screaming for help.

There needs to be some sort of labeling system. It's only fair.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, People are tired of beating their head against the wall trying argue what should be common sense. It has become abundantly clear after reading all this that before you can become a cop you must take a phsyc test...... apparently they use that test to screen out people with compassion for their fellow man or any ability empathize. While I'm sure this makes great robotic like officers from a command point of view, it pretty much f*cks the public servant aspect. I hear cops complaining about how people dont respect them...... well duh......

The female cop or anyone in that parking lot could have had leg irons on and still stayed 10 steps ahead of the old woman and out of harms way. If given a bit of time, a calm voice and some reason, I'm sure it could have been handled differently. Anyone thinking otherwise is just defending a blanket policy that lets them as officers act and feel superior to the public instead of serving the public. That policy and people defending it "is the problem" not a confused frightened old lady.

Do you like looking up at the stars?

No nothing else, I just asked because I was curious about your military experience because there are a million different military jobs some more dangerous or challenging than others. L.R.R.P. is very respectable and the unit has a very good reputation.

So why are you not begging everyone to thank you for your service and telling us how dangerous your job is?

Why are several (not all) of the cops on here always talking about danger and putting their life on the line and how we owe them and should thank them?

I think you have confused some of my statements if you think im implying you owe me anything. Nobody owes me anything. Yes, I have done a lot but you haven't heard me brag about any of it, and you wont. The point i was trying to get across is that there are many many cops, military members and others that do things every day that the normal everyday civilian wouldnt ever want to do. Yes, they volunteer for it but thats not the point. If they didnt volunteer for it then your states individually and the country as a whole would be no where near as safe and confortable as it is. Again, no ones owes me anything. I hope this clears things up a bit for you.

Ah, People are tired of beating their head against the wall trying argue what should be common sense. It has become abundantly clear after reading all this that before you can become a cop you must take a phsyc test...... apparently they use that test to screen out people with compassion for their fellow man or any ability empathize. While I'm sure this makes great robotic like officers from a command point of view, it pretty much f*cks the public servant aspect. I hear cops complaining about how people dont respect them...... well duh......

The female cop or anyone in that parking lot could have had leg irons on and still stayed 10 steps ahead of the old woman and out of harms way. If given a bit of time, a calm voice and some reason, I'm sure it could have been handled differently. Anyone thinking otherwise is just defending a blanket policy that lets them as officers act and feel superior to the public instead of serving the public. That policy and people defending it "is the problem" not a confused frightened old lady.

Youre right, next time someone is coming after you with a knife and you call the cops, i hope they stop and brew some tea and bake some cupcakes so after they have a quiet calm chat with the suspect they can sit down and snack too. Cause tea and cupcakes and casual convo's should be a daily routine for all cops. Hmmm.. maybe we should make doughnuts! Yes... Donuts!

Youre right, next time someone is coming after you with a knife and you call the cops, i hope they stop and brew some tea and bake some cupcakes so after they have a quiet calm chat with the suspect they can sit down and snack too. Cause tea and cupcakes and casual convo's should be a daily routine for all cops. Hmmm.. maybe we should make doughnuts! Yes... Donuts!

Oh come on..... that lady wasnt threatening... she even turned away from the female cop.

And to the other part. I've called the cops twice in my life and after both experiences.... I never will again.

1st experience my inlaws were being harassed by a crazy ex-viet-nam vet who was peeping in windows, we all set up one night trying to catch him, he killed all their dogs that night and my brother in law grabbed a gun and would have shot him had he caught him. The wife called to try and diffuse the situation. they didnt show, she called back 2 more times and they told her to call back if someone got killed....... other than dogs.....

2nd time was during my divorce.... inlaws refused to give me MY kids as I picked them up for school one morning. I called my attorney she said call the cops. I did, they show, refuse to even talk to the inlaws but tell me if I wanted to pursue it further, their only option was to take me to jail.

So my belief in how Brave and upstanding most cops are may be a bit skewed. The way I see it. most times they wait just long enough to show in hopes the violence is done by the time they get there..... they just want to take a report... not help anyone. and if they are there, they sure arent going to confront anyone unless they have an obvious advantage or they are just forced to by the situation.

Add to that the many cops I have known personally over the years. which isnt many... about 5..... they all thought they were hot shots, loved to brag on themselves, had huge ego's and at least 2 of them I know committed major felonies by their own admission and laughed about it cause they did illegally what they werent allowed to do as cops..... took the law into their own hands.

But If i run into one I can respect, (which I would love to) I'll let you know. Maybe you are one, IDK, I hope you are! I'm sure they exist.

I try very hard to be understanding of people and I wont let my past experience with someone else affect the way I think of you. Only getting to know you and listening to you will shape that.

I would just hope that if that were your grandmother out there wondering around confused and feeling threatened, carrying a knife that you wouldnt walk up and slam your own grandmother to the ground.

And before you ask. No, I'm not a criminal, never been arrested.

and that was not me that gave you negative rep...

Edited by Rod38um

Oh come on..... that lady wasnt threatening... she even turned away from the female cop.

And to the other part. I've called the cops twice in my life and after both experiences.... I never will again.

1st experience my inlaws were being harassed by a crazy ex-viet-nam vet who was peeping in windows, we all set up one night trying to catch him, he killed all their dogs that night and my brother in law grabbed a gun and would have shot him had he caught him. The wife called to try and diffuse the situation. they didnt show, she called back 2 more times and they told her to call back if someone got killed....... other than dogs.....

2nd time was during my divorce.... inlaws refused to give me MY kids as I picked them up for school one morning. I called my attorney she said call the cops. I did, they show, refuse to even talk to the inlaws but tell me if I wanted to pursue it further, their only option was to take me to jail.

So my belief in how Brave and upstanding most cops are may be a bit skewed. The way I see it. most times they wait just long enough to show in hopes the violence is done by the time they get there..... they just want to take a report... not help anyone. and if they are there, they sure arent going to confront anyone unless they have an obvious advantage or they are just forced to by the situation.

Add to that the many cops I have known personally over the years. which isnt many... about 5..... they all thought they were hot shots, loved to brag on themselves, had huge ego's and at least 2 of them I know committed major felonies by their own admission and laughed about it cause they did illegally what they werent allowed to do as cops..... took the law into their own hands.

But If i run into one I can respect, (which I would love to) I'll let you know. Maybe you are one, IDK, I hope you are! I'm sure they exist.

I try very hard to be understanding of people and I wont let my past experience with someone else affect the way I think of you. Only getting to know you and listening to you will shape that.

I would just hope that if that were your grandmother out there wondering around confused and feeling threatened, carrying a knife that you wouldnt walk up and slam your own grandmother to the ground.

And before you ask. No, I'm not a criminal, never been arrested.

and that was not me that gave you negative rep...

Well im sorry that your experiences with cops have not been pleasent but you cant focus your attention the the bad cops and have them take over you minset on all cops. There are A LOT of great cops out there who are humble and do a great job. Those are the guys to focus on. Usually the cops that are cocky and full of them selves, have a hard time getting back up from time to time and need to be humbled a time or two to straiten them self out.

I will still stick to, and will always stick to saying the cop acted correctly 100%.